PDA

View Full Version : Concordant Literal New Testament Symbols

LFS
07-02-2009, 04:09 PM
The printed CLV has little symbols in the text to give some extra info on the underlaying Greek word.
Aorist tense for example.
Can BW7 display them? (how)
BW8?

Regards,
L.

Mark Eddy
07-02-2009, 06:44 PM
If you are thinking of compiling the CLV Bible version with the BW Database Compiler, see the Help section "Compiling Version Databases" (chapter 51 in BW8). There it gives directions on how to create superscripts and footnotes which display in the analysis window. See the heading "Options for All Versions Except Greek and Hebrew." If you are referring to a version already compiled by some other BW user, you could click on the "version notes toggle" button, and if the version has notes, they will display. Otherwise you would have to ask that person what capabilities were built into the version. But CLV does not come with BW 7 or 8.
Mark Eddy

bobvenem
07-02-2009, 11:10 PM
I compiled the CLV from an eSword module. It does not have the embedded markers, however.

LFS
07-03-2009, 01:52 AM
If you are thinking of compiling the CLV Bible version with the BW Database Compiler
I'm looking for something prebuild.
Something like KJV + Strong
When you point to a word in the KJV information in displayed in the "Word Analysis" window.
I'm looking for something similar if I point to a symbol/marker in CLV.

But CLV does not come with BW 7 or 8.
I have it in BW7. I think it came with one of the (internet) updates.
I didn't import/convert it myself.