PDA

View Full Version : Searching from the Browse window

RandomSF
06-30-2009, 04:17 PM
If I right-click on a word to search on its lemma from the Browse window, the contents of the Browse window change to reflect the first hit of the Search.

Is there a setting that would allow me to maintain the verse I am on after doing the Search?

Mark Eddy
06-30-2009, 09:12 PM
Short answer: Not at this time.
What you can do is, immediately after doing the search, click on the back arrow (search window history), and you will get your original browse window verse back.
Mark Eddy

RandomSF
06-30-2009, 09:23 PM
I like the idea, but that doesn't seem to work consistently.

In the meantime, I'll just click on the previous verse from the Search results.

Jim Wert
07-01-2009, 10:19 PM
What I do if I want to retain my original position:
Open a new tab (one that hasn't been used before -- I often have to clear a tab to get an unused one) which will have all of the stuff you were working with. Do the new search there, then go back to the previous tab to return to your original position.

This was easier in the days before nameable tabs -- now there are so many options that I have to search to find the one that will just clear the tab.

--Jim

RandomSF
07-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Yes, for many types of searches, that is exactly what I do. But it takes away some of the simplicity of just right-clicking a word and searching, for example, on the lemma. Click, click, search done. Would be nice if one more click got me back to the verse I searched from.

Make no mistake, though, I am not complaining about the great tool that this program is. Actually it is the wealth of features that make me wonder if, 'this too' is in the program. I had wished for nameable tabs and mentioned it and now it's there. I spent a free hour today just discovering new features and ways to do things.

Marvelous program.