PDA

View Full Version : A foot in two worlds

MBD
06-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Alas I use BW8 all the time, but still have not mastered search. The other day I wanted every example of a Hebrew noun as a direct object of a verb. I fiddled with BW8 for a while then took out and dusted off my old copy of Lisowsky's Konkordanz where he lists words as subj. and as object. I found it in a couple minutes. Yes, I know the problem is not BW8 but mine. I am one of those guys who will buy a $40,000 car and never read the drivers manual.

David Kummerow
06-27-2009, 12:04 AM
In this case, it wasn't just your use of the program. You would need to be making use of a database which tags syntactic function. Alas, there is no such database for BH in BW.

Regards,
David Kummerow.

ISalzman
06-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Any such databases in the works?

David Kummerow
06-29-2009, 12:49 AM
Don't know about BW. But Logos has the Andersen-Forbes database and SESB has the WIVU database.

Regards,
David.

ISalzman
06-29-2009, 08:03 AM
Thanks. SESB is the 'Stuttgart Electronic Study Bible,' am I correct? And, if I am not mistaken, I believe that is also only available (at a hefty cost, I might add) through Logos, correct?

Irving Salzman

Precha1
06-29-2009, 02:39 PM
The answer is yes to both of your questions.

ISalzman
07-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Thanks for your answer. Just got back from vacation, which explains the lag between our responses. If I might ask you this one followup, is the SESB a worthwhile investment given its hefty price tag? Grateful for your feedback.