PDA

View Full Version : Greek Fonts in Browse & Analysis Windows

Bear
06-24-2009, 06:47 PM
I have had no success changing fonts in my Browse Window by using the font selector. It looks okay if I stick to font <bwgkl>, but if I try to change to font <BibliaLS> all I get is strangeness in the BNT portion of my browse window.

I am using BW-8, updated with relevant patches, and BibliaLS is installed on my Windows XP system.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your efforts in giving help!

Barry

dbielby
06-24-2009, 07:59 PM
I have had no success changing fonts in my Browse Window by using the font selector. It looks okay if I stick to font <bwgkl>, but if I try to change to font <BibliaLS> all I get is strangeness in the BNT portion of my browse window.

I am using BW-8, updated with relevant patches, and BibliaLS is installed on my Windows XP system.

What am I doing wrong?

Barry

Hi Barry,

I tried changing the font on my system and had no trouble. (I run on Vista).
I assume you are using the Options button under Tools to access Fonts.

Sorry I couldn't help you out buddy.

Take care.

Michael Hanel
06-24-2009, 08:11 PM

What am I doing wrong?

Barry

Note well, the BROWSE WINDOW font MUST be BWGrkl. The browse window functions natively with BW fonts. The Unicode part of the program is "behind the scenes" as an export option. If you select a Unicode font as an export font, it will work fine, but you cannot select a Unicode font as the Browse Window font because the Browse Window does not itself use Unicode.

Bear
06-25-2009, 10:41 AM
Michael,
I appreciate your insight! That will save me from beating my head against the wall. Wish I had asked sooner.

Barry