PDA

View Full Version : How do I change Tab Labels

dbielby
06-24-2009, 05:51 PM
I'm using BW 8.0

I click on a tab to bring it up. Say it has BLM for search version and BGT for display version.
Then I set the tab title to Pseudepigrapha (for this example only)
Then I click on the drop down bar below the search line that says BLM/BGT
and I select Choose search version. Then I select OPM for Pseudepigrapha Morphology. The BLM is replaced with OPM/BGT. Then I select the drop down bar again and choose display version OTP and OPG. But the drop down bar still says OPM/BGT. I was able to get that to update by saving the tab on one tab, but I cannot get it to update the drop down bar anymore. Is there a trick to this that I don't see?

Michael Hanel
06-24-2009, 08:24 PM
I'm using BW 8.0

I click on a tab to bring it up. Say it has BLM for search version and BGT for display version.
Then I set the tab title to Pseudepigrapha (for this example only)
Then I click on the drop down bar below the search line that says BLM/BGT
and I select Choose search version. Then I select OPM for Pseudepigrapha Morphology. The BLM is replaced with OPM/BGT. Then I select the drop down bar again and choose display version OTP and OPG. But the drop down bar still says OPM/BGT. I was able to get that to update by saving the tab on one tab, but I cannot get it to update the drop down bar anymore. Is there a trick to this that I don't see?

I'm going to try to answer this, but I make no guarantees that I'm really answering your question. To me it sounded like you were asking how to get the Command Line Versions Button to change from OPM/BGT to OPM/OTP?? If so, click on the same arrow you clicked on before to Choose a search version, except now select "Synchronize Results List". That should switch it out.

If that's not the question you were asking, try again :) PS if you hold the mouse over an area of the program you don't understand well and then hit F1, 9 times out 10 you can find the information you need in the Help file.

dbielby
06-25-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm going to try to answer this, but I make no guarantees that I'm really answering your question. To me it sounded like you were asking how to get the Command Line Versions Button to change from OPM/BGT to OPM/OTP?? If so, click on the same arrow you clicked on before to Choose a search version, except now select "Synchronize Results List". That should switch it out.

If that's not the question you were asking, try again :) PS if you hold the mouse over an area of the program you don't understand well and then hit F1, 9 times out 10 you can find the information you need in the Help file.

That did the trick! Thank you!!! And now I realize the F1 key will assist me on the fly...so was that a two for one sale? Thanks again Michael.