PDA

View Full Version : New Nifty VLO Feature

Adelphos
06-23-2009, 10:08 PM
Ever wondered how many Gallons to a Bath, or how many Baths to an Ephah, or how many Omers to a Peck, or Shekels to a Bekah, or how many Gerahs to a Talent, and so forth and so on?

Well, check out the new rapid-fire Conversion Utility in Verse List Organizer. This nifty little utility will give you instant calculations for a large number of conversions, both biblical and non biblical.

You can access this feature by clicking on the Thunder & Lightning Icon, or by pressing F6, or Ctrl+M, or by choosing it from the Tools menu.

The utility is self-explanatory, but if you need clarification, look it up in the Help file.

The update can be downloaded HERE (http://www.lamblion.net/Links/links.htm)

PS -- And don't miss the nuclear option. -:)

Precha1
06-24-2009, 05:34 AM
Hi Adelphos,

To get this update which of the following do I click on: Verse List Organizer 2.0 or VLO exe only or both?

Thanks for all you do to help me get this most out of BW.

Adelphos
06-24-2009, 05:49 AM
To get this update which of the following do I click on: Verse List Organizer 2.0 or VLO exe only or both?

If you haven't yet installed VLO, get the Verse List Organizer 2.0 file and run setup. This will give you the program and the tutorial files.

After you've installed, all you will need to do to retrieve the updates is grab the EXE only and then overwrite you EXE and CHM files.

I should add that the installation file is also the latest file, so you don't need to update after you've installed. You only need to update when you see a later date for the files.

Adelphos
06-24-2009, 07:44 AM
I've just added (06/24/09 - 7:45 am) to the Conversion Utility. Previously your combo box selections did not persist when changing tabs. Now they do, so if that's something you want, grab the new EXE.

Precha1
06-24-2009, 07:59 AM
Hi Scott,

I followed your directions. Thanks. However, when I click on the "lightning thunder" icon the help file opens. When I use the shortcut keys nothing happens and I am not able to access the conversion utility.

Any suggestions?

Adelphos
06-24-2009, 08:04 AM
I followed your directions. Thanks. However, when I click on the "lightning thunder" icon the help file opens. When I use the shortcut keys nothing happens and I am not able to access the conversion utility.

You need to get the latest EXE. You have an earlier file. Just get the EXE only file and then overwrite BOTH your EXE and your CHM files in your VLO folder, which by default is c:\Program Files\Verse List Organizer\

Adelphos
06-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Made another change to the font in the Coversion Utility so that it is much more pleasing aesthically. Change was uploaded about 12:45. No change to the functionality, just to the appearance.

Precha1
06-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Adelphos You need to get the latest EXE. You have an earlier file. Just get the EXE only file and then overwrite BOTH your EXE and your CHM files in your VLO folder, which by default is c:\Program Files\Verse List Organizer\

Thanks! It worked like a champ.

Adelphos
06-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks! It worked like a champ.

Thanks for letting me know. Hope the program is useful to you.

Adelphos
06-26-2009, 07:59 AM
Added a little number pad to the Conversion Utility.

Get the update HERE (http://www.lamblion.net/Links/links.htm)

Adelphos
06-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Added a copy button to the Conversion Utility so that it copies to the clipboard in the following format:

12 Talents - Biblical Hebrew =
720000.000042050380 Gerahs - Biblical Hebrew

You can download the update HERE (http://www.lamblion.net/Links/links.htm)