PDA

View Full Version : fonts

byk
06-18-2009, 08:07 PM
I have an old word document(win-word 2.0). When I tried to retieve my document on office 2003 word, all those words that I input Greek and Hebrew words by using 'bwhebb' and 'bwgrkl' fonts, appeared as some what images. I installed Bible works Hebrew and Greek fonts. I don't know why word 2003 cannot read those Greek and Hebrew letters. Can you help me? I don't know what to do? I threw away old computer that I was using to make that document. I have that old documents in a floppy disket.

Mark Eddy
06-18-2009, 11:41 PM
I can't help much, but I can say that I have had similar problems. Twice I have moved to newer versions of MS Word which used a different Greek fonts, and I had to either 1) retype the Greek words I wanted or 2) copy and paste the appropriate words from BibleWorks. If the old font is not in the new version of Windows, the computer simply does not seem to recognize the characters, or even convert it into a different font. Sorry.
Mark Eddy

doc_dave
06-19-2009, 07:08 AM
It is possible that OpenOffice.org's Writer could do a better job of reading in the file than Word. Before investing the time in re-keying/re-copying, it might be worth seeing how OOo does with reading the file. If it handles it better, you can always save it to RTF, and continue working in Word.

I think....

MBushell
06-23-2009, 12:21 AM
I have an old word document(win-word 2.0). When I tried to retieve my document on office 2003 word, all those words that I input Greek and Hebrew words by using 'bwhebb' and 'bwgrkl' fonts, appeared as some what images. I installed Bible works Hebrew and Greek fonts. I don't know why word 2003 cannot read those Greek and Hebrew letters. Can you help me? I don't know what to do? I threw away old computer that I was using to make that document. I have that old documents in a floppy disket.

There should be a word doc in your BibleWorks folder called word97fix.doc. Open it and it installs a macro that can be used to fix the problem. The problem occurred around Word 2000 when Microsoft started changing things to support Unicode. They broke many old documents. This macro attempts to fix some of the problems. It's worth a try anyway.

So much for document longevity. Keep printed copies of all essential Word files. There are no guarantees about what the future holds.

Mike

Michael Hanel
06-23-2009, 10:12 AM
So much for document longevity. Keep printed copies of all essential Word files. There are no guarantees about what the future holds.

Mike

Or you can convert them all to Google Docs. Those will last forever. And no worries ever about the privacy of your data. :p

ddinnsen
07-16-2009, 09:54 AM
I see a text file in my BibleWorks 8 folder called unimacros.txt which seems to contain macro programming language, but no "word97fix.doc" file. Is this what youi meant?

MBushell
07-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Oops. I gave the name incorrectly. It's fix97bug.doc.
Mike