PDA

View Full Version : VLO Update

Adelphos
06-18-2009, 10:09 AM
I have placed a new ZIP file at my download site called "VLO EXE Only"

This zip file contains only the VLO.EXE & VLO.CHM files.

Thus, when you update VLO, IOW, when you already have VLO installed, all you have to do is grab this "VLO EXE Only" file and then overwrite the "vlo.exe" and "vlo.chm" files in your "c:\Program Files\Verse List Organizer\" folder.

I have in fact made a small fix (one that you will probably never encounter) in the latest vlo.exe

Therefore, if you have already installed VLO, just grab this EXE & CHM zip file and overwrite those two files.

The file can be found HERE (http://www.lamblion.net/Links/links.htm)

Adelphos
06-19-2009, 10:19 AM
For anyone who may be interested, I just posted the multibyte version of VLO. This also took care of some copy problems and other minor fixes. As far as I know, everything is working as it should now.

If you have already installed VLO, you only need to get the "vlo_exe_only" file and overwrite your current VLO version. If haven't installed, get the other file and run setup.

Adelphos
06-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Greg,

Grab the latest EXE ("vlo_exe_only.zip").

Henceforth, your INI file will be stored in your VLO folder, typically "c:\program files\Verse List Organizer\", so you will have to reconfigure.

As I mentioned, I did a complete conversion this morning, and now I've gone through the whole thing, so the latest EXE should be very reliable.

Also Greg, you need to right-click on your CHM file and give yourself authority for running that as well. Again, I don't have Vista, but I think that's all you have to do.

Adelphos
06-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Icons fixed. No longer a double icon.

Adelphos
06-20-2009, 12:42 PM
As per Mark's request, a new "Combine VLS Files..." capability has been added to Verse List Organzer. Here are the details from the "VLS" topic in the Help file...

Combine VLS Files... Under the Tools menu allows you to select one or more VLS files in the VLS Category Files listbox on the far right and then save these files into one master VLS file. Note the various limitations:

1. The maximum file size of any VLS file in Verse List Organizer is 128K. To give you an idea of how large this is, a VLS file containing a list of verses of this size would equal approximately 200 pages in MS Word. This is of course a barrier that will not likely be encountered.

2. Naturally, when thus combining VLS files, the combined total size of these files may likewise not exceed 128K. Therefore each VLS combined file size may not exceed 32K. Again, as a matter of reference, this would equivocate to approximately 50 pages of nothing but a list of verses in an MS Word document, so it is wholly unlikely that this will ever be a problem. If it is, perhaps you need to rethink your organization scheme.

3. Note that these combined files are not sorted, as BibleWorks has its own sorting algorithms. VLO does make it easier to combine VLS files, but if you want this file sorted according to your sort order in BibleWorks, you should open this file from the VLM in BibleWorks, sort it to your preference, and then resave it. From then on it will appear in your sort order in Verse List Organizer.

For now this is, as noted, under the Tools menu. However, I will be adding buttons for this and other new features. I purposely made VLO the size it is so I could shrink the two listboxes and the edit box to add another line of buttons. I will not be making the VLO screen any bigger. Don't know when I'll add another line of buttons, so for now access this new feature under the Tools menu.

MGVH
06-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Very nice! That is a helpful addition. Thanks!
When I get a bit more time, I want to post something about the VLO on my blog.

Adelphos
06-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Very nice! That is a helpful addition. Thanks!
When I get a bit more time, I want to post something about the VLO on my blog.

I'll look forward to reading it.