PDA

View Full Version : Verse History

spitzerpl
06-14-2009, 07:56 AM
Is there a way to get the verse list to show not only verses I click on but also verses I go directly to from either the command line or the reference drop-down menus?

Greg Ward
06-16-2009, 08:21 AM
So you're asking if BW keeps a resident list of everywhere you've been in the Browse window, whether by CL (command line), Search list window clicks, or Drop down boxes?
What about when one clicks the scroll verse buttons in the Browse window? Or clicks on a X-Ref? Or a search is performed and the first verse is displayed? Or a Secondary Browse window is used? Or ....?

I think at this point you would need to keep a VLM (Verse List Manager) window open and click "Add Browse Verse" as you need it added.

spitzerpl
06-16-2009, 09:03 AM
That is an option, but I know I would forget to push that button and then go back to a verse no longer available. I guess I would love to see things a little different then most in the verse list. I would rather have every verse visited recorded somehow. Maybe tabs along the top, one with a master list, one with direct entry references (command line and drop down box) , one with search selections, one with x-references. I would also add back and forward buttons to the browse window. At the same time I recognize that this fits how I do things but BW has to consider the practices of a much wider audience. For that reason I'm not sending it through the official BW suggestion channels :-)

Mark Eddy
06-17-2009, 12:00 AM
I would rather have every verse visited recorded somehow.
Others would prefer that this NOT happen. If you are reading verse by verse, you could end up with 100 verses in a row (say Psa 119:1-100) and nothing else on the verse list. As is, BW remembers the verse you actually click on in the search list. That is good enough for me. If there were to be an addition, I would add verses I specifically choose via the book, chapter, and verse at the top of the browse window, not just the command line.

I would also add back and forward buttons to the browse window.
They already exist. They are to the right of the tabs above the command line.

Mark Eddy