PDA

View Full Version : Help exporting from verse list manager

richardsugg
06-10-2009, 08:49 PM
In the browse window, I am in "browse" mode, with only one version shown. In the VLM, I do Export | Copy to Editor, and the editor is filled with the each verse from each version that would be in the browse window if I were not in "browse" mode, even though I am in browse mode.

For instance, the browse window is showing the text in the NAU only. In the VLM, I have a single verse from the NAU. I do Export | Copy to Editor, and and the editor is filled with the same verse from several different version (all the versions that would be displayed in the browse window if I were in non-browse mode).

I would like to have the editor only have the verses from a single version copied. How do I do this?

Mark Eddy
06-11-2009, 12:26 AM
In the BW Options Window click on "Verse List or Range" and under "What version to include" check "Search version only", or specify the version you wish to copy on the last line after checking "These versions (+ Popup copy version). I think the first of these suggestions will produce the results you want. If not, ask again.
Mark Eddy

richardsugg
06-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Thanks, but that did not help. The verses still contain the non-browse versions.

Something else that is odd -- not to be figured out in this thread -- is why the non-browse mode has ESV, NAU, and NAS. I have never used the NAS, so why it shows up, I have no idea. But those are the three versions that are showing up in the editor when I export to the editor.

Greg Ward
06-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Richard,
I can't reproduce your NAS issue.
I'm guessing that the VLM Export to Editor function pre-dates the great new BW8 export options. I just pulled up BW7 on another computer and it behaves the same way:

Search version: NKJ
Display versions: KJV NAU NET NIV NKJ BGT
CL: .regard
Open VLM
Import current verse
Switch Browse window to one version (search version)
In VLM, Export to Editor:
1) Verse in all display versions copies to editor
2) Browse version switches back to multiple version mode

Probably program intent since BW7 functions the same. Suggest to BW customer service that you would like the VLM Export to follow the "Verse List +Text" Copy Options.

MBushell
06-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Richard,

This is the way the VLM works. It exports the text of the verses in the versions selected as display versions. It's not a bug. It's a design choice and has been that way for a long time.

You could if you wish export the verse list to the main search results verse list, where you have more control.

We may at some point tie the VLM into the new export options but they are independent at present.

For the other problem I would recommend backing up your bw800.ini file and then starting with a new one. I don't know what your work history is so I can't hazard a guess at what has caused it but this migh clear it up. If this doesn't help you should contact tech support and they will help you explore the possibilities.

Mike

Mike