PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Copying Verses

bdschwanke
06-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Every time I try to use the "Popup Verse Copy Window" in BW8 to copy a range of verses, I get a message saying "The specified range is invalid or does not occur in the current search version." This started on 6/8 after I installed the latest update (8.0.009y.1), and always worked fine until then, though I did a system restore to go back to the previous version and that did not fix the problem. Has anyone else run into this? Is there another efficient way to copy verses, other than copying a range of verses in Browse Mode with CTRL+C? Thanks.

rdtaylorjr
06-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Same problem here. Not sure of the solution. It happens with me especially (perhaps only) when I type a reference for a book name with a number at the front (e.g. 2 John). Oddly, if I change that to "2John" it works. "2 John" (with the space) is definitely listed in my books.bna file, so it seems like a bug with the program.

You might want to check that the Book Name you're using is listed in Options > Bible Versions > Book Names > [double click on the book you want].

bdschwanke
06-10-2009, 04:14 PM
I tested book names beginning with a number, and the first time, "2john" worked while "2 john" did not. Then the second time, neither one worked. I have tried all the abbreviations listed as well as the full book names. The function had always worked well before this week, and I have not changed anything in the way I use it.

bdschwanke
06-10-2009, 06:04 PM
There must be a colon in the reference, that is, "Gen 1:1" will work while "Gen 1 1" will not. Thank you, Mark, for the explanation.

MBushell
06-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Hi,
The problems seem to have been caused by an update last week to enable comma delimited verses. I have reverted the code to what it was before that change so it should now work as before. Sorry about the glitch.
Mike

almather
06-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Thanks, Mike!

rdtaylorjr
07-08-2009, 05:41 AM
I am still experiencing this problem. It has not worked correctly ever since that update that you said messed things up. I have been installing all of the updates as they have been available, but this has never been resolved.

Just to reiterate, every time I enter a scripture reference into the popup copy window that contains a number in the verse name (e.g. 2 Timothy), I get an error saying that the reference cannot be found. The only way I have gotten it to work is if I omit the space in the book name (e.g. 2Timothy). That's not difficult to do, but it's a bit irksome.

I have checked and re-checked my books.bna file and the names with the spaces are definitely there (most of them are just set to the defaults).

None of the responses above seem to address this problem. I am including colon's in the scripture references, that seemingly has nothing to do with this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Rusty Taylor

Alan Sommer
08-01-2009, 04:10 PM
I had the same experience today and looked in the help file under Book Names. Spaces aren't allowed, so it's not a bug you are experiencing, that's just the way it is. I am so used to typing spaces in book names, that it would be nice if this could be changed, in my opinion.

Adelphos
08-06-2009, 01:30 PM
I had the same experience today and looked in the help file under Book Names. Spaces aren't allowed, so it's not a bug you are experiencing, that's just the way it is. I am so used to typing spaces in book names, that it would be nice if this could be changed, in my opinion.

Note that in the latest update it is now possible to use spaces in the popup copy window.

Alan Sommer
08-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Thanks again to the good folks at BW!