PDA

View Full Version : Cool New Feature

MBushell
06-06-2009, 02:50 AM
Hi All,
Don't miss the latest XREF tab feature. A new xref database has been posted (you need the exe too). It adds a new cross reference database that consolidates the cross references from all the various cross reference databases. It is prioritized according to how many of the databases contain the verses. This makes the xref tool much more useful You no longer have to switch back and forth to see if other xref tools give addition cross references. Thanks to Michael Tan for this one. It is a simple change with a big improvement in usefulness.
Mike

richardsugg
06-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Wow - I downloaded this last night. When I checked for updates and read what this update would do, I smacked myself in the head and wondered why I hadn't thought to suggest it before. The XRefs are the most useful feature for me, and it just got even better.

Many thanks for making a great product even better.

FredGreco
06-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Michael,

Could you describe the options and uses of this in a little more detail, or is a help update coming?

I am guessing that what you are referring to in the OP is the BW Master xref setting in the XREF tab. It looks awesome, and makes the use of XREFs much better! Thank you very much.

I am just looking for some more detail (which xref sources does it include? why would I want to "create new xref database"? etc.) No complaints, just looking to get the full amount out of your work.

spitzerpl
06-06-2009, 03:31 PM
I love it! Is it possible to edit a cross reference database outside of Bibleworks and save it in the correct format?

MBushell
06-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Michael,

Could you describe the options and uses of this in a little more detail, or is a help update coming?

I am guessing that what you are referring to in the OP is the BW Master xref setting in the XREF tab. It looks awesome, and makes the use of XREFs much better! Thank you very much.

I am just looking for some more detail (which xref sources does it include? why would I want to "create new xref database"? etc.) No complaints, just looking to get the full amount out of your work.

Michael (Tan) will post a blurb on it next week. I know it doesn't merge all the xref files. Some are really not appropriate, like the biobible. It would swamp everything else.
Mike

BigJayOneill
06-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Good idea!

Gilbert Salinas
06-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Hi All,
Don't miss the latest XREF tab feature. A new xref database has been posted (you need the exe too). It adds a new cross reference database that consolidates the cross references from all the various cross reference databases. It is prioritized according to how many of the databases contain the verses. This makes the xref tool much more useful You no longer have to switch back and forth to see if other xref tools give addition cross references. Thanks to Michael Tan for this one. It is a simple change with a big improvement in usefulness.
Mike
Thanks for a FANTASTIC change. Truly REMARKABLE and VERY USEFUL!!!!!!

Gilbert :)

calvary
06-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Thanks for a FANTASTIC change. Truly REMARKABLE and VERY USEFUL!!!!!!

Gilbert :)

Ditto. I absolutely LOVE this feature. It has made BW that much more useful to explore the text.

Kudos to the BW team. :)

Dave

tcblack
06-09-2009, 10:30 PM
That is an excellent feature. Thanks guys!

SCSaunders
06-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Thankyouthankyouthankyou! You guys work very hard for your customers. This program is in a constant state of advancement.