PDA

View Full Version : Latest Update

mwfuss
05-26-2009, 10:55 AM
After installing the latest update to BW8, I find that I can no longer input verse references in the Popup Copy Window using the format to which I have become accustomed. I like to enter a reference using a period rather than a colon between the chapter and verse. For instance, I prefer to enter John 1.1 rather than John 1:1. In the past, this has never been an issue, but after updating this morning, entering John 1.1 returns and error message. The error I receive is "The specified range in invalid or does not occur in the current search version." If I enter, John 1:1, however, all works fine. Is there any way that I can go back to using the period rather than the colon? That is a much faster method for me.

Ben Spackman
05-26-2009, 11:34 AM
The period still works for me.

Actually, you don't need one. I just use a space. Joh 1 1 gets me where I want to go.

mwfuss
05-26-2009, 11:48 AM
The space does not work either in my case.

Ben Spackman
05-26-2009, 11:54 AM
Huh. Something on your end, I'd guess. Or else, my version generated a bug that lets it work:)

You're using this morning's update, right?

MBushell
05-26-2009, 11:58 AM
After installing the latest update to BW8, I find that I can no longer input verse references in the Popup Copy Window using the format to which I have become accustomed. I like to enter a reference using a period rather than a colon between the chapter and verse. For instance, I prefer to enter John 1.1 rather than John 1:1. In the past, this has never been an issue, but after updating this morning, entering John 1.1 returns and error message. The error I receive is "The specified range in invalid or does not occur in the current search version." If I enter, John 1:1, however, all works fine. Is there any way that I can go back to using the period rather than the colon? That is a much faster method for me.
The change is a result of an update made last week when permits sub verses (like John 1:1,3,5). This was done by Michael Tan who is on vacation until next week. So until he returns I have reverted his change to the way ot was previously. SO you just have to regrab the ese.
Mike

mwfuss
05-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Thank you Mike. :) Please excuse my ignorance, however, but what is an ese and how do I regrab it?:confused:

Edit: Never mind, I did an update and all is well again! Thank you.