PDA

View Full Version : maqef problems

Andrew Fincke
05-20-2009, 10:06 PM
A while ago we discussed the possibility of including maqef with the accents we can choose not to display. Now I find that the maqef - when it is part of text exported to a Word2003 document in the Word 2007 framework - isn't kerning. It just gets jambed into the seam between the words. It replaces the empty space that serves as word divider, and the two words collapse together with maqef sort of jambed above the line. I'm not asking for a solution to the kerning. I'm asking that we give people the option of doing away with the thing alotoget.

Greg Ward
05-21-2009, 07:50 AM
What font are you exporting?

Andrew Fincke
05-25-2009, 01:38 PM
There are people who want to put Bbilcal text in a Word document. Since they're Dead Sea scrolls scholars, they don't want the maqef, which was invented in 1000 AD. What do they do?

SkipB
05-25-2009, 02:00 PM
Andrew
I don't use MS Word, in any flavor so I can't speak to peculiarities of Word 2003 in Word 2007 framework. However, when I need to include text without the maqqeph I usually use search and replace. Even on a large block of text it is an insignificant task usually. It never takes very long.