PDA

View Full Version : Find the meaning of a name?

smith_ronnie
05-15-2009, 02:28 AM
Hi, does anyone know if I can use BibleWorks (I have version 6) to find the meaning of a name - probably a Hebrew name? For example we know that Melchizadek means 'King of Righteousness', but is there a way for BibleWorks to show me that from the text?

I think that somewhere there is a name lookup - but maybe not in BibleWorks?

Many thanks,

Ronnie

spitzerpl
05-15-2009, 07:33 AM
Most likely someone will know a better way to view this information in Bibleworks. The closest I found was hovering over a word and viewing Stephen's "Biographical Bible" information from the Analysis window. However the thought came to me to try an external link to CCEL's Hitchcock's Bible Names Dictionary (http://www.ccel.org/ccel/hitchcock/bible_names.html) The problem was I couldn't figure out how to sent the selected English word to the External Link Manager. So to add question to question, does anyone know how to do this?

Adelphos
05-15-2009, 08:21 AM
Hi, does anyone know if I can use BibleWorks (I have version 6) to find the meaning of a name - probably a Hebrew name?

If you hover your mouse over a Hebrew word BibleWorks automatically gives you the meaning of the name in the auto-info window.