PDA

View Full Version : Transfer BW8 settings

FredGreco
05-13-2009, 12:04 AM
Is there a tutorial or information available on how to transfer settings from one PC to another? I am looking to move my BW8 installation to a new laptop. I am not going from BW7 to 8, and I am not changing operating systems. I am basically looking to somehow preserve settings and installed (3d party) modules.

Any help is appeciated!

Adelphos
05-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Is there a tutorial or information available on how to transfer settings from one PC to another?

If you synch your INIT folder this will cover many, if not most, of the settings you are concerned about. I synch between two computers regularly and my INIT folder covers my needs.

However, BE AWARE of certain files in your INIT folder. This thread will explain --

http://bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3753&highlight=synch

Adelphos
05-13-2009, 07:31 PM
On further meditation, it wouldn't hurt for BW to place a little blurb in the help file about synching/transferring files, as well as including my warning in the above referenced thread about the ACV files.

Of course, the programmers could expand a bit on which files are critical, which perform which function, and so forth. Nothing substantial, but a little overview would be helpful, especially since it is likely that many/most users operate BW on two or more computers.

Just my two cents worth.