PDA

View Full Version : Shortcut switch between tabs?

ericjdaniels
05-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Using BW 7, just wondering if there is a keyboard shortcut to switching between tabs.

Like with Firefox, if I want to switch tabs, I hit control-tab.

Hope I didn't miss this in the help/tutorials.

Thanks!

Adelphos
05-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Using BW 7, just wondering if there is a keyboard shortcut to switching between tabs.

No, there's no shortcut in 7. In 8 a new CL command has been implemented, i.e., you type --

t <tabname>

DavidR
05-08-2009, 06:00 PM
No, there's no shortcut in 7. In 8 a new CL command has been implemented, i.e., you type --
t <tabname>

And note that "tabname" can be either a number (for tabs designated simply by number) or a name (for tabs that you have named). It's actually (I admit somewhat grudgingly) more precise and potentially quicker (if you've got a complicated tabset) than Ctrl-Tab.

ericjdaniels
05-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Bummer...thanks for the help.

Adelphos
05-09-2009, 07:39 PM
The latest update in version 8 now allows Ctrl-Tab and Ctrl-Shift-Tab to switch forwards and backwards repectively in the tabs.

I don't know if that has been implemented in version 7 or not.

SCSaunders
05-10-2009, 05:41 PM
The latest update in version 8 now allows Ctrl-Tab and Ctrl-Shift-Tab to switch forwards and backwards repectively in the tabs.

I don't know if that has been implemented in version 7 or not.Hey Scott, I just checked this out in BW7 and it does not work.

Also, I noticed this morning, when trying to select text, that in BW8,

Ctrl + Left or Right Arrow moves right through tabs
Ctrl + Shift + Left or Right Arrow moves left through tabs

Ken Neighoff
05-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Great tip, thanks.

Jordan Boston
05-17-2009, 09:05 PM
What tabs do you speak of? When I tried this it simply switched through the search window results, which is nice, but I must be missing the tabs. I'm new to BW and still trying to figure it out. Thanks:rolleyes: