PDA

View Full Version : Fonts: appearance on screen

MBD
05-07-2009, 01:49 PM
I have noticed that my Greek in the browser section appears too "light" that is, the beta's in biblos are not completely formed. So I did a search here on the forums (fora) and discovered the thread about changing to SBL Greek and Hebrew fonts. So I did that and went into TOOLS and OPTIONS and FONTS and changed the Greek and Hebrew to the SBL fonts which appear in my Windows list of fonts. Now the windows no longer display Greek or Hebrew but roman characters. At least the b's in biblos are well formed.

almather
05-07-2009, 03:31 PM
These setting (fonts SBL) will not display in BW's. They are apparently for exporting only. That is my understanding at this time.

Al

Glenn Weaver
05-08-2009, 09:54 AM
The Unicode fonts will not display correctly in the main BibleWorks program. They are only designed for export.

You can try changing the screen font smoothing method used in Windows. Go to your display settings in Windows, then choose Appearance, then select Effects. You can try ClearType or Standard font smoothing, or uncheck that setting. Perhaps this will fix the problem.

If not, perhaps you have a different screen font setting that is causing the problem. If the font smoothing options do not fix the problem, I suggest contacting our Customer Service department. They will be glad to help.