PDA

View Full Version : Screen resolution changes

FredGreco
05-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Is there a way to suppress the dialog that pops up when you restart BW8 on a different monitor? I have two different external monitors - one at home and one at the office.

When I switch from one to the other, I get the nag dialog asking me if I wish to rest to the default resolution. I never do wish to do that, so I always select "No". I'd like that to be my default option, if possible.

Thanks for the help in advance.

SCSaunders
05-06-2009, 03:08 PM
I get the same thing when plugin' into & out of a projector. I haven't as yet been able to squelch the "nag dialog box," though I did tell it to "shut yer cake hole" once.

MBushell
05-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Is there a way to suppress the dialog that pops up when you restart BW8 on a different monitor? I have two different external monitors - one at home and one at the office.

When I switch from one to the other, I get the nag dialog asking me if I wish to rest to the default resolution. I never do wish to do that, so I always select "No". I'd like that to be my default option, if possible.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Fred,
Check the latest exe. I moved the question to the last item in Setup | Option Flags | Startup Options. So you should only have to answer it once. You should be sware though that sharing Saved windows sizes between systems with different resolutions can lead to unexpected results. Relative button and control window sizes are not the same so some dialog boxes may be mishapen.
Mike

tcblack
05-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Mike,
I have rarely met anyone who bends over backwards to meet requests the way you guys do. Thanks.
Tom

FredGreco
05-06-2009, 11:59 PM
Mike,

You are awesome!

Thanks so much. Other businessmen could learn from you - it might not "add revenue" to fix these little glitches, but it gives the consumer complete confidence in purchasing.

Lord willing, I plan to continue to support BibleWorks and purchase new versions as they come out. Your team is excellent.

SCSaunders
05-07-2009, 07:21 AM
Lord willing, I plan to continue to support BibleWorks and purchase new versions as they come out. Your team is excellent.Always been my default.

I never mentioned this minor issue before: I thought it was an MS Windows quirk, being a "screen resolution" and all.

FredGreco
05-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Fred,
Check the latest exe. I moved the question to the last item in Setup | Option Flags | Startup Options. So you should only have to answer it once. You should be sware though that sharing Saved windows sizes between systems with different resolutions can lead to unexpected results. Relative button and control window sizes are not the same so some dialog boxes may be mishapen.
Mike

I also wanted to let folks know that I understand why the previous default would have been the case. I may be the exception - I have two external monitors, one at home and one at the office. One is 1680x1050 and the other is 1920x1080. On neither monitor do I have BW8 taking up the whole screen. That's why I don't need the adjustment.

Again, thanks, Mike.

SkipB
05-08-2009, 01:14 PM
How big are your external monitors? I would like to move to a bigger display, and just wondering what others are using in the higher resolutions.

FredGreco
05-08-2009, 07:49 PM
How big are your external monitors? I would like to move to a bigger display, and just wondering what others are using in the higher resolutions.

22" and 24".

SkipB
05-09-2009, 02:01 AM
Thanks for that, 24 seems to be the "sweet spot" for price and room.