PDA

View Full Version : Beta update: Multiple versions searching and search limits for RVT and PMT

admin
04-27-2009, 04:35 PM
At the request of several users, I have added the ability to search multiple versions and to apply search limits in the Related Verses Tool (RVT) and Phrase Matching Tool (PMT). The Options button in both tools will let you toggle the new features.

Until this is tested a bit, it is only available as a beta version. To see the download you have to open up the updater in BW and click on the options menu. Enter "BW8BETA" as the access code (no quotes). Then the update should become visible. Take a look if you are curious, but only if you are comfortable with a test version.

Michael

Mark Eddy
04-28-2009, 09:26 AM
Thanks! The Related Verse Tool works great when searching multiple databases. I just tried it a few times, and BW came up with verses not only in the Bible but in the Apostolic Fathers, Josephus, Philo, Pseudepigrapha, with all the words with lemmas in common properly highlighted. This should be helpful in doing word studies. Thanks again.
Mark Eddy

Matt Harmon
04-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Changing this feature to allow searching across multiple versions DRAMATICALLY increases the usability of this feature. As someone who works in the use of the OT in the NT I am thrilled to be able to search across Josephus, Philo, Apostolic Fathers, OTP, etc. Well done!

Harold6
04-28-2009, 11:55 PM
Hi,

Is this still available? I can't seem to access it on my computers.

Harold Miller, Jr

Mark Eddy
04-29-2009, 01:24 AM
Hi,

Is this still available? I can't seem to access it on my computers.

Harold Miller, Jr
Did you enter the access code "bw8beta" to your updater as Michael directed when he started this thread? You can't get it unless you ask for beta updates, unless it was automatically put into the latest update "z.2". But I still have it here, even after getting the "z.2" update.
Mark Eddy