PDA

View Full Version : Request

Eric
04-27-2009, 09:33 AM
I don't know if I'm the only one, but I find it a bit frustrating when I see that there is an update to the help file for a new feature or updated feature. I spend more time than I think I should looking for this change in the help file. If I'm not alone, would it be possible to put the chapter reference of the help file in the Update Description? For example the last one had this:
If the description included the Chapter reference it would be easier to find the change.

It might appear that this description is sufficient, but it took me awhile to find the reference to it after searching "checkbox" in the help file.

Would this be helpful to others?

Philip Brown
04-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Yes, Eric,
I agree that would be helpful.

Mark Eddy
04-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Some of the updates of the Help file may have multiple little corrections and/or additions, so it would not always be practical to list every chapter. Plus some chapters are quite long.
I suggest that after you download the patch, you put your cursor over the changed feature on your screen and hit the "f1" key. This will open the Help topic which applies. You don't have to know the chapter number. BW finds it for you.
Mark Eddy