PDA

View Full Version : GSE / Command line help# 2

jmbpastor
04-20-2009, 05:46 PM
Hi once again!
I seem to be stuck as to how to search for a specific word using Strong's#'s with the results displaying total number of hits on the selected word rather than the number of different verses. I was prompted by the Detailed Statistics Window to insert quotations marks (seemingly before and after the Strong's numbers). Has anybody done this? Why won't it work for me?

Also: How would I transfer my search over to the GSE? Ideas/suggestions anyone?

Much obliged,
John Mark

Adelphos
04-20-2009, 07:08 PM
I seem to be stuck as to how to search for a specific word using Strong's#'s with the results displaying total number of hits on the selected word rather than the number of different verses.

This will find all occurrences of anthropos translated as man --

.man@444

I'm not sure, but I believe you have to have KJV or a Strong version as your search version.

The status bar at the bottom left of BW tells you how many hits in how many verses.

The Stats tab in the Analysis pane allows you to manipulate the data in various ways.

If you want to transfer a CL search to the GSE, simply leave what you typed on the CL and open the GSE. It will be transferred.

I also left you an example in the previous thread.

Adelphos
04-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Also, in section 24 of the Help File under Miscellaneous Command Line Examples, you can find examples of Strong searches.

jmbpastor
04-20-2009, 07:58 PM
I did that... the problem for me is once a search i.e. .444 is entered and then open the detailed statistics window a message will pop up (after pressing down the arrow key in your keyboard to scroll) saying that you must use quotation marks to see different results i.e. all instances of the the word instead of what is currently displayed which is just all verses. This is not a major issue, but it would be nice to see anyway.

Also... is it possible to search for a Strong's number with a WTM/BGT using just the "and" agreement box? I tired and the search came back with no results. I know i typed the correct.

The file below is what I tried. :)

Thank you in advance,
John

Adelphos
04-20-2009, 08:21 PM
I did that... the problem for me is once a search i.e. .444 is entered and then open the detailed statistics window a message will pop up (after pressing down the arrow key in your keyboard to scroll)

I really don't know what you're talking about. I have no problem scrolling or analyzing the number of hits and verses.

I don't know why you're query is not returning any hits off the top of it, and I don't have time to play with it at the moment. Also, I don't know why you have KJG in the AND box and KJV in the WORD box. I'm sure that doesn't affect the search, but it's just an extra step that is not needed.

Adelphos
04-20-2009, 08:26 PM
I take that back. After quickly analyzing your query, you have the Strong number typed in the wrong box. Read the instructions for the box just below it and put it there.