PDA

View Full Version : Has Anybody Seen Anything Like This

SkipB
04-11-2009, 05:34 PM
I find this odd. I start my laptop. I start Bibleworks, I start NotaBene, I start Firefox. After checking a couple of blogs, I close Firefox. At this point the taskbar shows ONLY Nota Bene I start Biblworks again, I go to switch from the new instance of BibleWorks to NotaBene and there are now two instances of Bibleworks running and they both show up in the taskbar. This has happened several times this past week. I don't ever remember it happening before. Is it me? the laptop? Any ideas on how to get back to the original invisible instance of Biblworks without having to start a new one. It just feels awkward.

Michael Hanel
04-11-2009, 05:36 PM
I find this odd. I start my laptop. I start Bibleworks, I start NotaBene, I start Firefox. After checking a couple of blogs, I close Firefox. At this point the taskbar shows ONLY Nota Bene I start Biblworks again, I go to switch from the new instance of BibleWorks to NotaBene and there are now two instances of Bibleworks running and they both show up in the taskbar. This has happened several times this past week. I don't ever remember it happening before. Is it me? the laptop? Any ideas on how to get back to the original invisible instance of Biblworks without having to start a new one. It just feels awkward.

This happens randomly. What I've noticed is that Bibleworks will be running (if you alt-tab, you can get to it), but it doesn't show up in the task bar. The problem is I cannot produce a fool-proof way to replicate it every time.

SkipB
04-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Thanks Mike,
I will alt tab when it does its disappearing act.

tcblack
04-12-2009, 01:17 AM
Just FWIW, it might actually be Firefox. I have Firefox do this on me occassionally. In addition to not showing up, a few other programs, like Bibleworks or my text editor PSpad will not show on the taskbar but alt+tab will bring them around.

Usually when this happens, Firefox is only a short time away from a major crash.

Michael Hanel
04-12-2009, 07:32 AM
Just FWIW, it might actually be Firefox. I have Firefox do this on me occassionally. In addition to not showing up, a few other programs, like Bibleworks or my text editor PSpad will not show on the taskbar but alt+tab will bring them around.

Usually when this happens, Firefox is only a short time away from a major crash.

That is possible. I do almost always run Firefox, so that could be a part of the problem (or the problem)

Dan Phillips
04-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Mike, I have it happen that BW doesn't show up on the task bar, and I have to use Alt+Tab to get to it.

Adelphos
04-12-2009, 11:42 AM
I don't run Firefox and it still happens from time to time.

tcblack
04-13-2009, 12:05 PM
I don't run Firefox and it still happens from time to time.

Hmm, that could break my theory.