PDA

View Full Version : Notes and user-defined directory

Michael Hanel
07-22-2004, 07:16 PM
Has anyone else changed the default directory of their user notes only to find that they don't load up? I've reset my directory from the normal Bibleworks/notes directory to a new one in My Documents for the sake of convenience, but when I restart BibleWorks, it still wants to read from the old directory. Then if I go to options and check directories I see that the My Documents directory that I changed it to is there. So I'll click Apply Changes. Voila. It will call up User notes now from the correct directory. However, when I restart BW the process begins all over again.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Mike Hanel
MA Classics Student Washington University
MDiv Student Concordia Seminary

Gontroppo
07-23-2004, 12:15 AM

No, but it sounds like a pain!

David McKay

Joe Fleener
07-23-2004, 06:29 AM
I hate to ask such questions, but do you have the latest updates? I recall this being a problem, but thought it was corrected in an update.

Michael Hanel
07-23-2004, 09:59 AM
Yup updated to date.

Mike

Dogfish Jones
07-23-2004, 11:45 AM
Has anyone else changed the default directory of their user notes only to find that they don't load up? I've reset my directory from the normal Bibleworks/notes directory to a new one in My Documents for the sake of convenience, but when I restart BibleWorks, it still wants to read from the old directory. Then if I go to options and check directories I see that the My Documents directory that I changed it to is there. So I'll click Apply Changes. Voila. It will call up User notes now from the correct directory. However, when I restart BW the process begins all over again.

Mike Hanel
MA Classics Student Washington University
MDiv Student Concordia SeminaryYes, I've experienced the same problem. It's quite frustrating. It mostly appears for me, though with the outlines not checking the right folder. It seems that BW "forgets" that I changed the directory and I have to change it again.

Fully updated here as well.