PDA

View Full Version : GSE Explanation

dribex
04-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Can someone walk me through the steps on how to construct a GS for all the adjectival second attributive positions: article, noun, article, adjective (each word in the same case)?

Or maybe you can point me to the appropriate video. (But I have watched them and I still can't quite figure it out!)

:pThanks,

Will

Adelphos
04-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Can someone walk me through the steps on how to construct a GS for all the adjectival second attributive positions: article, noun, article, adjective (each word in the same case)?

Type the same search on the CL and then open the GSE. It will automatically import the search and at the same time be your tutor.

MGVH
04-08-2009, 12:45 AM
As Adelphos suggested, type this in the command line (having first set your limits and having switched to a Greek morphological text like BGM or BNM):

'o *@n* o *@a* =GNC

The apostrophe at the start indicates you are searching for a phrase with words in the prescribed order
The o is the article; *@n* is for any noun; *@a* is for any adjective
The =GNC indicates that they should all be the same Gender, Number, Case

>> Now click on "Tools" in the green bar just below the command line (this is for BW8... I've already forgotten what to do for BW7, but it's clicking on something just below the command line)

Choose to open the Graphical Search Engine. Everything will be good to go.