PDA

View Full Version : Browse Window Tab possible bug?

Soxfan23
04-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Whenever I'm looking at a verse in the browse window and I have the "Browse" tab selected in the analysis window, and then I decide to check another verse using a different tab in the search window, whenever I go back to my original tab, the "Browse" tab loses its place and either goes back to Matthew 1:1 or Genesis 1:1 (depending on which Testament I'm in).

Anybody else having this problem?

Greg Ward
04-07-2009, 09:34 PM
There are times I thought the various windows should update when I make a change elsewhere. But I eventually understand why its not reading my mind. You can update the Analysis tabs, including Browse, via a mouse over of the main Browse Window.

Can you describe the actions you take and what does and does not update along the way?

Adelphos
04-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Anybody else having this problem?

No, I can't reproduce your problem.

I have Psalm 25:2 selected in tab 7, and the browse pane active in the same tab, which also displays the verses surrounding Psalm 25:2

I switch to tab 1, then back to tab 7 and the browse pane in tab 7 is still where it was and ought to be.

I also tried switching multiple tabs, and every time I return to tab 7 the browse pane displays where it was originally, i.e., correctly.

Try rebooting your compter and see if this fixes the problem. This practice of rebooting the entire computer has fixed a great many "bugs"

Soxfan23
04-08-2009, 01:08 AM
Try rebooting your compter and see if this fixes the problem. This practice of rebooting the entire computer has fixed a great many "bugs"

I tried rebooting my system and it still does the same thing. Here is what I'm doing:

(1) In "tab 1" I have it set to Ephesians 2:21 with 5 display versions (NRSV, ESV, TNIV, NET, and BNT) and I also have the "browse tab" in the analysis window selected.

(2) In "tab 5" I have it set to Ephesians 4:16 with the same display versions, and I also have the "browse tab" in the analysis window selected.

(3) Every time I switch between "tab 1" and "tab 5," the "browse tab" defaults back to Matthew 1:1 every single time while the "browse window" stays on the text in Ephesians.

I have noticed this for a while now and wanted to see if anybody else was experiencing it. It happens for both OT and NT books

Adelphos
04-08-2009, 01:15 AM
I tried rebooting my system and it still does the same thing. Here is what I'm doing... I have noticed this for a while now and wanted to see if anybody else was experiencing it. It happens for both OT and NT books

I tried the exact same settings as you and I can't reproduce your problem.

Ergo, it's something native to your own system/configuration. I know that's the worse answer you could hear, but it works fine on my system.

Adamsen
04-08-2009, 02:08 AM
I tried the exact same settings as you and I can't reproduce your problem.

Ergo, it's something native to your own system/configuration. I know that's the worse answer you could hear, but it works fine on my system.

Even then you should contact Support. They will go a long way to try to help you, including to let the programmers take a look at the problem, if that is necessary!

DavidR
04-08-2009, 12:04 PM
I find that I can occasionally make this error occur when I click back and forth between the Resource and Browse tabs in the analysis window. Clicking another numbered tab in the search window and then clicking back to the numbered tab I'm working in clears it up, but it is odd.

You might try going to Tools - Options - Flags - Browse Window Configuration Options, and playing with the "Automatically update last active Resource Window" and "Update Resource Window on Verse Change " options.

David Rensberger