PDA

View Full Version : bw8 ini date?

hunter2321
04-06-2009, 03:06 AM
hey, i was thinking of moving to bw8 from bw7.

how long has bw8 been out there getting used?

has it simered down enough for the general user base to get on board? :)

DavidR
04-06-2009, 11:35 AM
I'm probably somewhere between a general user and a power user. I upgraded a month or two ago, and I'm quite happy. There have been frequent minor updates since then (the automatic updating facility is very smooth and non-disruptive to one's work). I'd definitely say it's in good shape.

There have been some real usability improvements, beyond what's listed in the new features (http://www.bibleworks.com/content/new.html--many of which I admit that I haven't gotten around to trying yet!). One of my favorites: in the browse window, when you click on the book, chapter, or verse box, instead of a vertical list of items that goes off the screen at the top and/or bottom, you got a formatted grid of rows and columns, giving you easy access to the precise passage you're seeking. It's a small thing, but so much easier than before.

David Rensberger

Adelphos
04-06-2009, 12:54 PM
hey, i was thinking of moving to bw8 from bw7.

I ordered mine last week and got it in three days. Of course, shipping is the main variable, but I think they're all caught up in BW Customer Service.

I was quite happy with BW7 and was not in a hurry to upgrade, but ignorance, as they say, is bliss.

BW8 is the most substantial upgrade ever, and it's not just more bells and whistles, but substantial improvements and additional tools and modules that make BW8 look like a Corvette compared to a bicycle BW7.

And the upgrade price is a virtual give-a-way.

I could never go back to BW7 after having experienced BW8.