PDA

View Full Version : Comparing Greek NT Textual Traditions

MGVH
04-05-2009, 03:50 AM
I just posted on my blog (http://bibleandtech.blogspot.com/2009/04/comparing-greek-new-testament-texts.html) a review of how one goes about comparing Greek NT textual traditions in BW8 and other programs. There's a link there to a full review, including some tips on making use of the comparison capabilities of BW8. The text comparison tool is quite versatile.

DavidR
04-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Wow, thanks, Mark! This was a tool that I was not even aware of. One of the great things about BW is that there is so much in it, there are always new things to discover.

David Rensberger

Precha1
04-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Thanks, Dr. Hoffman. I have learned so much. But I think I may may missed something.

Question: In BW 8 is there a way to save the parallel windows generated from the text comparison tool?

MGVH
04-08-2009, 10:23 AM
No, you didn't miss anything.
I mentioned it as a 'con,' because the Parallel Windows results cannot be saved except by snapping a screen image.
The only other option is to do multiple copy/pastes into your word processor into a table you've created there.

Jim Wert
04-08-2009, 10:09 PM
I noticed in Mark's blog, and the responses thereto, two features in other tools that would be very nice additions to BibleWorks' comparison tool.
Picking up transpositions
Allowing comparison at the lemma level, to pick out differences with that coarser granularity.
Statistics would be nice, too, but that would probably require much more effort to implement.