PDA

View Full Version : Freeze Window Contents

Adelphos
03-30-2009, 08:11 AM
In x-refs, which is a great tool, by the way, (my favorite new feature), when you have Freeze Window Contents selected and you add a new reference, the new reference will not display until you --

1. UNfreeze window contents
2. Refresh the x-ref window by moving forward/backward a verse in the browse window.

In other words, it takes at least three mouse clicks to get the new reference to display. If this isn't a bug, it ought to be.

Greg Ward
03-30-2009, 09:58 PM
I've run into several instances where I changed the text in the Browse Window and expected the Analysis Windows (Word, Resources, X-Ref) to update. I was flustered that it just didn't update. But then I remembered all that updating that is tied to mouse-over in the Browse Window. Even though I felt the Analysis should update on those changes, I'm not willing to trade down the mouse-over speed of the program for anything. You have to admit the number of things that change on a mouse-over are incredible, and it is incredibly fast.

Now, I'm not familiar with Freeze Window Contents. Where is that setting? Can't you just SHIFT-mouse-over in the Browse window to update again?

Adelphos
03-30-2009, 10:08 PM
Now, I'm not familiar with Freeze Window Contents. Where is that setting? Can't you just SHIFT-mouse-over in the Browse window to update again?

No. Perform the steps I listed and try it.

Adelphos
03-30-2009, 11:15 PM
Okay, this one is fixed. I rebooted and now when I unfreeze the window and mouse over the browse window it works.

I also noticed earlier this afternoon that the weblinks in the registration box had been fixed.