PDA

View Full Version : MacOS 10.5.6, VMWare Fusion 2, Vista and BibleWorks 8, confirmation that it works.

draymer
03-29-2009, 11:26 PM
I've been happily using BibleWorks 6 for several years, and I've finally made the jump from a PC to a Mac. I'm having problems getting BW6 to process my keys for BDAG (and other modules). The dreaded "Program has stopped working" dialog box.

I don't have an XP disk that installs (seems like the disk has gone bad). Can anyone confirm BW8 functioning on a Mac under VMWare Fusion 2 with Mac OS 10.5 before I spend the $175 to upgrade to 8. The odd bit is that BW6 installed fine onto my Vista Desktop ... (tried it as an experiment, but would really rather have it on my Macbook).

Thanks for you attention and time.

In His Name,

Dave

Jay W.
03-30-2009, 12:33 AM
I tried using Parallels for a while but kept having problems. I switched to Fusion 2 and haven't had any problems since.

draymer
03-30-2009, 08:02 AM
Brilliant -- thank you for the information. I figured out my problem. Apparently for the updates and unlocks to work the program needs to be run as administrator. I checked my destkop and I setup the program to always run as administrator. I had not done that on my Macbook. So the good news is that I've got 6 working now. (Just now actually).

I need to look at my budget and figure out when it won't be a stretch to do the the upgrade.

In His Name,

Dave

Ben Spackman
03-31-2009, 08:30 AM
I can confirm BW8 runs under Parallels, Windows XP, OS10.5.6 without problems.