Verse 1 Timothy 2:5, KJV

x-ref Thompson Chain

Choose "Christ Exalted, CHRIST'S DIVINITY"

First verse under "His Pre-existence", Micah 5:2

Popup displays Micah 5:3 in KJV instead of Micah 5:2

Glenn Weaver
03-31-2009, 09:20 AM
Hi Scott,

Micah 5:3 appears because the program is mapping the Thompson Chain Reference verses according to the Hebrew Bible versification. Micah 5:2 (WTT) = Micah 5:3 (KJV) in the verse mapping. Mapping books is sometimes a challenge.

Glenn

Adelphos
03-31-2009, 12:16 PM
Hi Scott,

Micah 5:3 appears because the program is mapping the Thompson Chain Reference verses according to the Hebrew Bible versification. Micah 5:2 (WTT) = Micah 5:3 (KJV) in the verse mapping. Mapping books is sometimes a challenge.

I thought mapping was probably the culprit, and I can live with it, but here's the problem...

1. Most USERS (as opposed to BW afficiondos) will expect the verse to display what it represents.

2. Thompson Chain was originally built and constructed on the KJV, not the WTT or any other version. Therefore, Thompson Chain by all rights ought to be mapped to the KJV, not the WTT.

Glenn Weaver
03-31-2009, 12:22 PM
Hi Scott,

I'll see what I can do. We used the same code to control the version popups that we used in other modules. There are so many things to do, but I'll enter it as a database error to fix. How soon we can do so, I don't know.

If you find other database errors, please report them directly to dberrors at bibleworks or to customer service. I don't always see what is on the forums.

Adelphos
03-31-2009, 12:28 PM
If you find other database errors, please report them directly to dberrors at bibleworks or to customer service. I don't always see what is on the forums.

I appreciate it. And will do.