PDA

View Full Version : Help Advice

Adelphos
03-29-2009, 01:45 PM
I looked through the study guides for a demo of the x-refs, but could not find one that mentions this function. So then I selected x-refs in the analysis window and hit F1. The help file came up with x-refs right there. However, nowhere in the help file was there a link to where one might view a demo of the x-refs in the study guides. This would be -- pardon the pun -- helpful.

spitzerpl
03-29-2009, 02:03 PM
What exactly were you hoping to figure out about them?

Adelphos
03-29-2009, 02:21 PM
What exactly were you hoping to figure out about them?

What I'm saying is that since the study guides don't have topical names matching the actual tools, such as "x-refs tool", "phrase matching tool", etc., then links in the actual help file would facilitate finding these demos, becausre right now, the only way to find a demo in the study guides is to wade through them by trial and error. There is no explicit designation in the study guides that actually match the tools. I think this is a drawback.

Greg Ward
03-30-2009, 08:46 PM
My impression is that the Study Guides are mainly videos. Yes, the first column list in the Study Guides are longer study process descriptions which use a series of videos. The other three columns seem to be individual video guides. Not every feature in the program appears in the four dozen or so videos.

The Help file is much more comprehensive but not in video format. It is meant to describe the details of the program.

To me, it seems you're suggesting to put a comprehensive index (Help file index) in the video Study Guides. Can you help me understand?

Adelphos
03-30-2009, 08:52 PM
To me, it seems you're suggesting to put a comprehensive index (Help file index) in the video Study Guides. Can you help me understand?

If you mouse over a window and hit F1 it will take you to the context sensitive spot in the help file. If there is also a video that covers this particular topic, then a link to it from this spot in the help file would be nice.