PDA

View Full Version : How to find ISBE/resources - BW8

FredGreco
03-21-2009, 01:12 PM
Is there a way to easily find where a non-Bible version resource is in BW8? I am looking for ISBE, which I am pretty sure I have but I can't find. I appreciate the menu for "Resources" but that is not exactly an efficient or easy way to find a resource you do not use all the time.

Anyone know:

1. Where I can access ISBE in BW8?
2. Where a master list of resources is?

Michael Hanel
03-21-2009, 01:18 PM
Is there a way to easily find where a non-Bible version resource is in BW8? I am looking for ISBE, which I am pretty sure I have but I can't find. I appreciate the menu for "Resources" but that is not exactly an efficient or easy way to find a resource you do not use all the time.

Anyone know:

1. Where I can access ISBE in BW8?
2. Where a master list of resources is?

1. In BibleWorks Menu, Resources: Bible Dictionaries
2. You can modify the Button toolbar (all the icons, right below the main menu), and add an icon for Bible Dictionaries.

Those would be the two ways I know of.

FredGreco
03-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Thanks!

So there is no "master list" that has all resources?

MGVH
03-21-2009, 01:22 PM
ISBE is linked to English versions. If you right click on a word in an English version in the Browse window, you will have the option to look up the word in a Bible Dictionary. That's the fastest way I know other than opening up the lexicon browser and searching for the word.

Michael Hanel
03-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Thanks!

So there is no "master list" that has all resources?

Resources menu has a "master index" but this is only for those that take the form of HTML modules, the Bible Dictionaries (and Lexica) do not appear on this list.

Greg Ward
03-21-2009, 06:46 PM
FYI: All modules, versions, etc. (including ones requiring activation code purchase) are listed in chapter 60 and 62 in the Help file.

Mark Eddy
03-21-2009, 08:36 PM
FYI: All modules, versions, etc. (including ones requiring activation code purchase) are listed in chapter 60 and 62 in the Help file.
But if you add user database resources, they would not be on this list. So there can be no complete list of available Resources provided by BibleWorks.
You can find all Resources on your computer by clicking on "Resources" on the menu bar at the top of BibleWorks. Then you would see a list of all the types of resources, but you would have to put your mouse over each entry in the list (or click on it) to see all the resources of that type in your installation of BibleWorks.
Mark Eddy