PDA

View Full Version : Exporting Text to Open Office

mileskor
03-20-2009, 04:33 PM
In order for BW8 to let me copy-paste text over into Open Office, I've had to configure BW8 so that all exporting is done using the "copy to microsoft Word" feature. I can copy and paste into Open Office without any trouble, but there's ALWAYS this annoying little window that says "Cannot locate word" or something like that.

Is there a way to fix this? Maybe one of the BW programmers can add an option to the export menu saying "export to open office" or something like that for a future update. It seems that most of the compatibility issues between BW8 and OO have been resolved, but this one is still "bug"ging me.

Pardon the pun!

SkipB
03-21-2009, 12:29 AM
Are you using the latest program update and the most current help file? The help file has an excellent discussion of the new capabilities of the copy features. One can easily add customized copy options that you can specify O-O and avoid the "word not found" messages.
Here is a screen shot of the options I have added to copy to my word processor Nota Bene. You just choose an undefined option type in an appropriate title, then set all your option and you can pick it from the list to use it.
Very complete discussion in the help file. Very customizable.

mileskor
03-23-2009, 01:43 PM
Tried it. Doesn't work.

SkipB
03-24-2009, 01:48 AM
I just downloaded Open Office 3.0.1 then edited one of the undefined options to copy to the Open Office Window. It copied fine for me. When you said you tried it but it did not work, were you unable to create an open office option from one of the undefined slots, or after creating the option did the copy fail?

Glenn Weaver
03-24-2009, 10:19 AM
I am able to successfully paste English, Greek, and Hebrew text into OpenOffice.org 3.0.1.

You mention that you are using the "copy to Microsoft Word" feature to do your copying. I think this may be the problem. If you do not have Microsoft Word installed, then this won't work.

Also, this feature only works in the BibleWorks editor. It is not used for copying text from other places in the program. The "Microsoft Word" copy option listed under "Tools | Output Format Options" is used only if you actually want to export to Microsoft Word. If you do not have Microsoft Word, then you are trying to send the text to a program that does not exist on your system.

To send the output to OpenOffice, you have to specify the open OpenOffice window under "Where to copy the selected text | The Window with this caption". See the attached image for the settings.

Hope this helps. If it still does not work, please contact Customer Service and they can help work through the copy problems.