PDA

View Full Version : Morphology coloring

Ben Spackman
03-11-2009, 12:26 AM
Greek text doesn't want to color.

I'm trying to color some Greek parts of speech. I search the GNM for .*@n*

I click "apply colors to search results"

No colors are applied to the GNT, which I believe it should, based on reading the help section.

Doing this on Hebrew morphology colors the non-morphology version. The Greek just removes the hit highlighting. (I can get it to highlght the GNM, but not GNT.)

SkipB
03-11-2009, 10:33 AM
I can colorize the text display when I do a morph search in other morph versions. But in gnt/gnm as soon as you apply color to search results, the hit highlighting is cleared but no color is applied.

calvary
03-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Hmm... unless I'm misunderstanding the type of search you're doing; mine seems to show up highlighted.

Dave

Glenn Weaver
03-12-2009, 08:49 AM
I can reproduce the problem. I'll send in a bug report to see what can be done about it. [UPDATE--I ran a search on BNM/BNT and colored that text, then the color appeared on GNT. Strange. Not sure why it appears now.]

In the meantime, searching the BNM and displaying the colors in BNT works properly, as does the BGM/BGT combination.

SkipB
03-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Glenn, What I am seeing is... With GNT as display version and both morp and text set to display color. From command line search GNM for .*@v* all the verbal hits are now highlighted. Next from tools menu select viewing text/apply color to search results.
All of the highlighted verbals that show up in the browse window, then are un-highlighted but no color is applied. Only behaves like this for GNT/GNM. Also, for other text/morph versions if I am displaying the text version and from command line initiate search on morph version the morph version is not added to the display list. But it is for the gnt/gnm. This pair seems to behave differentlyl then the rest. I never noticed it, mostly use text coloring to teach Hebrew so just never saw it happening this way.

mnaah
04-08-2009, 08:57 PM
I'm glad I found this post. I've been trying for while now to colour the GNT text based on a morphological search (GNM). Same as above, the colour was only adding to the GNM and not GNT. However, when I did the same search on the Bnm (;*@via*), both the BNT and GNT were coloured (along with the BNM). I'm using 8.00.008f.1...

I'm happy for the work around, but just thought i'd let you know that the bug still lives

dc

mnaah
04-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Just as a follow up to this, if there is a punctuation mark at the end of a word coloured from a morphological search, the punctuation is also coloured. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, and I know it's no big deal...it just slightly bugs my obsessive side... :)

dc

[edit] as a second followup, I've just opened aland (greek) in the synopsis window and none of the colours are coming up there - is there a toggle for turning them on? (they are on in the main browse window...)

Glenn Weaver
04-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Yes, I see the color issue with the GNT/GNM. I reported the problem. I expect that a future update will fix the problem.

The BGT/BGM and BYZ/BYM are working correctly, though.

The colors do not appear on the Aland(greek) synopsis file because the text displayed there is BGT, and you are searching on the GNM/GNT. The colors will only appear on the version you have colored. You can also change the Aland(greek) display text to gnt/gnm if you wish by editing the synopsis file. There are instructions in the Help file for how to edit the synopsis file.