PDA

View Full Version : Russian BW7 - fonts problems under Vista

dmivapi
03-10-2009, 06:02 AM
1. When "Toggle Word Tips" in browse window is on. Russian characters in the tip are shown incorrectly (it shows Strong's article).
2. When copying text to MS Word 2007, using context menu of browse window. Often part of the Russian text in MS Word is shown in right font and part in the wrong font.
3. In the search box - language is swiched automatically accordingly to selected version. It is convinient for search. But not convinient when you want to type a Bible reference. Maybe a good idea to swith to non-English, after the user types in a dot, or single quote.

I applied recommended patches for Vista.

Mark Eddy
03-11-2009, 11:50 PM
You are correct in noticing that the Cyrillic font does not display properly in Word Tips. I suggest that you turn the word tips off and turn on the Strongs numbers in the text. Then when you put your cursor over a Strongs number, the Russian Strongs entry displays in the Analysis window in the proper Cyrillic font. At least it works this way on Windows XP.
Mark Eddy

dmivapi
03-21-2009, 07:35 AM
Thank you, I turned off the tooltips and can view this info in analysis window. But copying to MS Word 2007 still gives half Russian, half unreadable results (second problem that I described) - and this is one of the main features that I am planning to use.
I wanted to buy this software for my church and testing BW7 right now. This program is pretty expensive and if I buy it I want it to be used to its full. So I wonder if anybody is going to fix this problem.:(

Mark Eddy
03-21-2009, 09:29 PM
I do not have the problem you describe. I copied all three Russian versions (RST, RST, UKR) from the BibleWorks 8 browse window into MS Word 2003, and all the Russian looks just as it did in BibleWorks. I even copied RST with the Strong's numbers on, and the Russian words are all in the Cyrilic font, with the Strongs numbers in the proper places. I also copied one of the Russian Strong's definitions from the Analysis window into MS Word, and it displays properly. Could you copy something to this list, so that we can see what it looks like?
Mark Eddy

dmivapi
03-22-2009, 04:21 PM
I have BW7 (not 8), and workin under Vista, with Word 2007.
But even copying by Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V to Notepad, or Word 2007 gives:
RST John 1:1*¶ В начале было Слово, и Слово было у Бога, и Слово было Бог.

when it should look like:

В начале было Слово, и Слово было у Бога, и Слово было Бог
(copied by same Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V from Bible Online)

I tried to do the same thing on Win XP SP3 - everything looks right when I copy text

Maybe this problem appear only under Vista, or it is resolved in version 8. I do not know. I wish there was the way to download version 8 somehow, to test it under Vista, before I make a final decision.

Mark Eddy
03-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Since I have removed BibleWorks 7 from my computer, I can't test it for you. I suggest that you ask technical support here:
How to Get Customer Support/Submit an Idea/Report a Bug (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268)
They should still have someone running BibleWorks 7 to see if they have the same problem.
But, as I said, copying Russian works fine for me with BibleWorks 8 on XP.
Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Mark Eddy