PDA

View Full Version : Vocabulary of the Greek New Testament

MBushell
03-04-2009, 03:09 PM
The Vocabulary of the Greek New Testament (Moulton and Milligan) has been changed from an extra cost add on to a base package item for users of BibleWorks. If you ordered this as a module in 2009 you will be automatically sent a refund. Please wait a couple of weeks before contacting our service department about this as it may take a while to work out the details. This volume is a gold mine. Check it out!

Please note that you must download both the module and the latest program executable.

This freebie is available only for users of BibleWorks 7 and BibleWorks 8.

God bless,
Mike

Ken Neighoff
03-04-2009, 03:24 PM
thank you for the added blessing to a great program.

richardsugg
03-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Wow! That's awesome! How do we download the module? Is it via updates or will we "purchase" it for $0.00 through the online store? I checked both ways and neither allowed me to get it.

Thanks again -- you are very generous!

richardsugg
03-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Sorry. I'm an idiot. I just looked at BW and see that I have it! You snuck it in during my last update!

Thanks again!

SCSaunders
03-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Totally, totally cool! Thanks again O Generous Ones!

I just saw the description of this on my last update patches.

Wowza!

PS - If you add any more to this software package I'm going to have to ask that you to add a few more hours to the day. 24 aren't enough. And the upcoming change to daylight savings doesn't count. I don't need more day light. I need more day to use all this stuff. Great problem to have. Please don't solve it. Again - many, many thanks to you all!

Adelphos
03-04-2009, 06:25 PM
This freebie is available only for users of BibleWorks 7 and BibleWorks 8.

Thanks for making this available for BW7 as well as BW8.

jfidel
03-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Very awesome! Thanks.

John Fidel

onefear
03-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Sorry to be dense, but where does this show up? Thanks!

Clay Johnson

Soxfan23
03-07-2009, 01:42 AM
Nice addition. I actually just purchased it, so I'm thankful that a refund is coming my way :-) BW8 just keeps getting better. You guys are awesome.

richardsugg
03-07-2009, 08:29 AM
Sorry to be dense, but where does this show up? Thanks!

Clay Johnson

Once it's installed, it will be in the resource pane (see screenshot) or under Resources | Bible Dictionaries, then Lexicons | VGNT

onefear
03-07-2009, 01:48 PM
I did not have this as a module previously, and though I have installed the patch and the executable it does not show up anywhere. Neither can I "unlock" it without a code. Must I do something else other than install?

Adelphos
03-08-2009, 08:52 PM
I did not have this as a module previously, and though I have installed the patch and the executable it does not show up anywhere. Neither can I "unlock" it without a code. Must I do something else other than install?

The VGNT shows up under the Greek lexicons.

onefear
03-08-2009, 08:55 PM
The VGNT shows up under the Greek lexicons. Yes, that is where I was looking for it. Simply doesn't show up for some reason.

Adelphos
03-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Actually, the latest update, at least in BW7, has removed the reference for the VGNT. One must go back to the previous version for the VGNT to show up.

Edit: And I can't get that one to work now.

onefear
03-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Interesing. It won't let me roll back to any executable prior to 20d.4. And VGNT does not appear amongst the installed lexicons. Glad to know others are having a bit of trouble too. Afraid it was my HDD or something.

Clay

Adelphos
03-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Interesing. It won't let me roll back to any executable prior to 20d.4. And VGNT does not appear amongst the installed lexicons. Glad to know others are having a bit of trouble too. Afraid it was my HDD or something.

Hopefully Mike will see this and post the fix soon. If not, we'll badger him with a new thread! -:)

onefear
03-09-2009, 02:13 PM
It's not urgent. I sent a message to support as well. Clay

David Kummerow
03-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Same issue for me as well with version 7.

Update installs fine. But VGNT is not listed under Lexicons. It does appears as a database which has not yet been unlocked. Which means that VGNT cannot yet be used with version 7 without an unlock code.

Regards,
David.

SCSaunders
03-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Regards,
David.David, I have a question that I think only you with your Hebrew skills can answer. Would you please contact me through my BW email. I'm pretty sure you can solve my dilemma with one or two, no more than three emailings back 'n' forth. I promise that I won't take much of your time. I know you're busy.

Thanks!

Adelphos
03-13-2009, 12:38 AM
VGNT is back up in the update, along with a new executable. At least for version 7. I assume it's also there for version 8.

Thanks, BW.

David Kummerow
03-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Confirmed working now for me with BW 7. Thanks BW team!

Regards,
David.

onefear
03-13-2009, 11:45 PM
Worked like a charm! Thanks BW team!

Clay

Bill Moore
03-14-2009, 06:35 AM
Great work, and thanks for making this available.

Bill

hunter2321
04-06-2009, 03:00 AM
thanks for the heads up...i use bw7 and have been for some time. M&M has not been available to me that I know of.

i am thinking of updateing to bw8, can you outline the cost?

richardsugg
04-06-2009, 09:03 AM
thanks for the heads up...i use bw7 and have been for some time. M&M has not been available to me that I know of.

i am thinking of updateing to bw8, can you outline the cost?

http://store.bibleworks.com/upgrade.html
$150

Howard Flynn
03-29-2010, 11:57 AM
On 11/17/2007 I ordered and paid for Moulton and Milligan's Vocabulary of the New Testament. It was order number 9526, and I paid $24.99 for this module. I have the receipt for proof. I have never received the refund you promised. In fact I didn't know until this morning that this was happening. I would appreciate it if you would send the refund

Howard Flynn

Greg Ward
03-30-2010, 09:25 AM
The refund was only for those who had purchased it in the previous ~60 days (2009 CY).
I missed out too. I ordered it ~45 days before the cutoff when I ordered the BW8 upgrade. But the cutoff had to be somewhere. And I ordered it to use it. I did use quite a bit before the anouncement.

Glenn Weaver
03-30-2010, 09:27 AM
Hi Howard,

If you have further questions concerning this, you can contact Customer Service.

Blessings,
Glenn

dinosaur
07-09-2010, 02:51 AM
Hi, I just purchased BW8 and did the updates.....when I look for VGNT I can't find it anywhere....is there something else I need to do? ( I have the DVD version)

Glenn Weaver
07-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Assuming you are using BibleWorks 8, you can access the VGNT by selecting Resources on the main menu, then selecting Greek/Hebrew Lexicons. In the Lexicon Browser Window, select Lexicons, then select VGNT from the list. If the VGNT is not there, perhaps you did not install it when you installed BibleWorks. If you are not able to VGNT after modifying your installation, I suggest contacting Customer Service for help.

Blessings,