PDA

View Full Version : Question about popup copy Formatting.

sscalf
03-04-2009, 01:38 PM
I know that the popup copy window has gotten a lot of negative reactions. The more that I use it the more I like it. But the question I have is about the output formatting. I see lots of options but the thing that I don't see is the ability to change the formatting on the reference and version. It pastes in a significantly larger font size than the text. This drives me nuts. It adds extra steps in steps when I am formating text for use in documents. If there is a way to change this please let me know.

Mark Eddy
03-04-2009, 09:46 PM
I see lots of options but the thing that I don't see is the ability to change the formatting on the reference and version. It pastes in a significantly larger font size than the text. This drives me nuts. It adds extra steps in steps when I am formating text for use in documents. If there is a way to change this please let me know.
I don't have this problem. Have you looked in "Options" (wrench button) "General" "Fonts" and choose "Export Fonts"? Perhaps you made the English font there larger than the others.
If that is not the case, I cannot see why the reference should be bigger than the text itself.
Mark Eddy

sscalf
03-04-2009, 10:33 PM
I have checked my font sizes and they are not out of the ordinary. When I export to MS-Word the font for the text is 11 and the reference is 16. This is very annoying when you are using to paste scripture in documents and outlines. I will look at the font options again, but I don't think that is the issue.

Sam

Mark Eddy
03-05-2009, 11:05 PM
It's not doing the same thing on my computer as on yours. But since you mentioned MSWord, what is the "Style" in Word into which you are pasting? I have found that when I share MSWord files with the church secretary certain MSWord "Styles" are configured differently on her computer from mine. If the imported text from BW is turned into a style such as "Heading" or some other style, MSWord might be the culprit, automatically turning it into the different font. But this is just a wild guess.
Mark Eddy

sscalf
03-06-2009, 04:43 PM
It's not doing the same thing on my computer as on yours. But since you mentioned MSWord, what is the "Style" in Word into which you are pasting? I have found that when I share MSWord files with the church secretary certain MSWord "Styles" are configured differently on her computer from mine. If the imported text from BW is turned into a style such as "Heading" or some other style, MSWord might be the culprit, automatically turning it into the different font. But this is just a wild guess.
Mark Eddy

Well I wish that it was that simple. I still have not found a solution.

Sam

sscalf
03-07-2009, 11:09 AM
To help clarify the problem that I am having I have uploaded a screenshot to my server. (I am unsure what the policy for pictures is on this forum).

Screenshot (http://creativeblunder.com/pics/screenshot1.jpg)

Sam

Greg Ward
03-07-2009, 05:01 PM
I see your screenshot, but don't have the same issue here. I assume you're using Ctrl+Shift+B to bring up the Popup Copy box in MSWord.

You may want to try clearing the copyops.dat or .ini files. Exit BW, rename your old copyops.dat and let it make a new one. For the .ini file try: http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16971&postcount=3

OR
Close the Popup Box and let's look at various settings under Tools/Options in BW which might play into this:
General/Flags/Export Options: on Filter RTF Export for max. compatibility
on Close Copy Dialog/Popup on copy
General/Options Strings/off Exported Text Tag
General/Fonts/Export/ What options are you using?
Output Format Options/Verse List or Range/Popup Copy
Do you have a named favorite?
What Output Format Options are you using? What is the Reference Format?

Then in MS Word do you have a style that entitles the first sentence of an imported paragraph?

Just searching the possibilities.

sscalf
03-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Output Format Options/Verse List or Range/Popup Copy
Do you have a named favorite?
What Output Format Options are you using? What is the Reference Format?

I have included a screenshot of the popup copy options.

Screenshot (http://creativeblunder.com/pics/screenshot2.jpg)

Just so you know... It has done this from day one.

Sam

sscalf
03-07-2009, 06:22 PM
I found the solution. The font setting for the reference is not set in the export font setting... Imagine that. It is actually set in the browse window fonts. I had my browse window fonts set relatively high so that I could see them on my hi-resolution screen. I change that setting to match my export font setting and now it works as I wish.

I hope that helps someone.:eek:

Sam

Greg Ward
03-08-2009, 07:50 AM
I tried changing the Browse window font to Arial 13 Italic, restarted BW, in MSWord Ctrl-Shift-B, the result did not change the reference style. It was still Arial 10 Normal like my verse text.

(Hebrews 1:13 NKJ) But to which of the angels has He ever said: "Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool "?

You've probably got some other setting in there conflating the issue.

sscalf
03-08-2009, 02:44 PM
I tried changing the Browse window font to Arial 13 Italic, restarted BW, in MSWord Ctrl-Shift-B, the result did not change the reference style. It was still Arial 10 Normal like my verse text.

(Hebrews 1:13 NKJ) But to which of the angels has He ever said: "Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool "?

You've probably got some other setting in there conflating the issue.

That is very interesting... I tried it again and i still get the same effect. I change the browse window font to something like 17 and restart BW and when I open the popup copy window it indeed changes the the size of the reference. So I changed it back and again restarted and now It is back to normal.

I don't know what to say about it. I am just glad that it is working the way that I want now.

Sam