PDA

View Full Version : Bdag

aureliomedel
03-03-2009, 11:14 AM
My questions is: Does anyone know how to use BDAG and HALOT so that when your cursor is over a word, the notes section of Bibleworks goes directly to the verse you highlighted.

***note, I only have BW6. I have ordered 8 but it is not here yet.

Thank you

Soxfan23
03-03-2009, 01:32 PM
I don't know about BW6, but in BW7 & 8 you right-click in the analysis window (the window on the far right of the screen) and click on "Default Analysis Window Greek Lexicon." This should pull up all the available lexicons, and then you click on the one you want to come up whenever you have your mouse hovered over a word. Do the same for Hebrew as well.

Mark Eddy
03-03-2009, 09:09 PM
I am not sure what you are asking, because putting the "cursor over a word" does not "highlight" a "verse." But in BW7 and BW8 all the lexicons are hyperlinked, so that if you are reading a lexicon and see a verse you want to look up, if you put the cursor over the reference a popup window displays that verse in Greek and English. And if you click on the reference it displays in the browse window in all the versions you have chosen there. If we don't understand your question, please elaborate.
Mark Eddy

Julien Ogereau
03-15-2009, 03:18 AM
I have a similar question regarding BDAG.
All the verses seems to be hyperlinked but not the abbreviations to other works.
But in the Logos BDAG they seem to be able to do so.
Is there a particular function I need to set up for BW8?? :confused:

Greg Ward
03-15-2009, 10:31 PM
I only have BDAG in BW. (There are probably very few who own BDAG on both of those electronic platforms.) In BW's module, only Scripture references are linked at this time. Libronix (in other lexica) does have a few other documents linked. But they also have linked the abbreviations as popup notes.

In BW, the BDAG front material, abbreviations, etc. can be found in the Lexicon Browser window, below the RELOAD button, in the drop down list box. It is also available as .rtf and .pdf in the databases directory.

Maybe BW is working on linking it to other works. ??

Mark Eddy
03-15-2009, 11:22 PM
Since BibleWorks has as its goal facilitating exegisis of the biblical text in the original languages, its focus is different from brand X. It does not try to be an electronic library. So currently it does not link to other works within BibleWorks. The Bible links to the reference works, and the reference works link to the Bible, but the reference works are not linked to other reference works.
If you really want that changed, perhaps the programmers could do that, but it would be difficult, because the programmers do not know which add-ons each user may have, so if something looks like a hyperlink, but it links to a work which you do not own, it could be confusing.
Basically since each work you own in BibleWorks displays in the Resources tab for the verse, this allows you to access the grammars and lexicons which refer to the same verse. It would take just one more step than clicking on a link in one of the references.
Mark Eddy