PDA

View Full Version : Fonts in BDAG module

Michael Burer
07-14-2004, 11:49 AM
I was doing some collaborative work with a friend recently, and we found that in his BDAG module in BW there are bold definitions, bold italics definitions, and italics definitions, which matches the print edition. In my BDAG module, however, there are only bold definitions and italics definitions. I have not been able to figure out where the problem is on my end. Is there a setting I should check, or something else to look for, that would enable me to have bold italics as well?

Michael Burer
Dallas Theological Seminary

Philip Brown
07-14-2004, 11:13 PM
Hi, Michael,

There is no setting I know about that changes the BDAG formatting. I'm seeing all three here.

Mark Langley
07-15-2004, 12:45 AM
I am seeing all three as well.

You might want to try reinstalling the fonts again.

Michael Burer
07-16-2004, 10:47 AM
I reinstalled the fonts by pressing the shift key when BW started and using the option to reinstall the fonts when BW begins. No changes, though. Is the English font in the BDAG module a BW font or a Windows font? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Michael Burer

Philip Brown
07-16-2004, 11:06 AM
The font I'm seeing in BDAG is Times New Roman.

Could you post an example entry so we can see what you're seeing (or rather, not seeing)?

Thanks!

Michael Burer
07-17-2004, 04:30 PM
Could you post an example entry so we can see what you're seeing (or rather, not seeing)?

My font for English text is Arial. This is one of the entries for Christos:

1. fulfiller of Israelite expectation of a deliverer, the Anointed One, the Messiah, the Christ, appellative

This is not cut and pasted, but this is exactly what I see in my auto-info window when BDAG is open. The following is what I would expect to see (and what I think others are seeing), which would match the printed edition:

1. fulfiller of Israelite expectation of a deliverer, the Anointed One, the Messiah, the Christ, appellative

Any help would be appreciated.

Michael Burer

Michael Burer
07-17-2004, 04:33 PM
On a hunch I opened BDAG in its own window in the lexicon browser, and lo and behold the fonts are displaying correctly there. So the only problem I have is when I use BDAG in my auto-info window.

Michael Burer

Philip Brown
07-17-2004, 05:07 PM
Aha!

I've been looking at BDAG in the lexicon browser window the whole time.
When I looked at it in the AIW, I see that it does not display correctly there.
Looks like a genuine bug.

BTW, I switched my AIW text from Arial to Times New Roman, just to see if that made a difference. Result: the text that should be bold italic remained in Arial instead of switching to Times New Roman.

My hunch is that there is some kind of hard coding that is overriding the default formating function of BW in that specific type of text.

Charlie
07-22-2004, 12:35 PM
I've reported this so it is now on the list. Send reproducible error reports to support@bibleworks.com.