PDA

View Full Version : LXX Vocabulary File

dbielby
02-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Does anyone know if there is a LXX Vocab file so that we can drill in the Greek LXX? I would really like to be able to drill myself in the Greek AND the Hebrew for any OT Passage. Has anyone compiled a vocab list for the LXX?

Michael Hanel
02-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Does anyone know if there is a LXX Vocab file so that we can drill in the Greek LXX? I would really like to be able to drill myself in the Greek AND the Hebrew for any OT Passage. Has anyone compiled a vocab list for the LXX?

In the Vocab Module, simply apply book limits under Tools:Filter. That's what you want right?

spitzerpl
02-26-2009, 08:17 PM
The best I can do is give you a flash card module with all the words and frequencies used in the LXX and definitions for the words that appear in the NT. Words appearing in the LXX and not in the NT would have blank definitions, and I believe there are about 9,000 of them. It ends up being kinda useless unless someone wanted to use it as a starting point for a project.

spitzerpl
02-26-2009, 11:30 PM
Where does the definition come from that is used in the word tip popup when hovering over a word in the LXX?