PDA

View Full Version : Help button in GSE?

Soxfan23
02-24-2009, 02:42 AM
In the study guides, under the "Book study" section towards the end of the lesson, it gives an example for a GSE search in 1 Peter. It goes on to explain a couple of things about getting to the GSE and double-clicking the word-box, then it says to click the "help" button next to the "morph" box.

However, I don't see a "help" button next to the morph box. I can conduct the search fine without the help button, but I can see where it could come in useful. Is this a typing mistake or should the help button be there?

Soxfan23
02-24-2009, 12:34 PM
I guess nobody knows what I'm talking about?

Ken Neighoff
02-24-2009, 10:00 PM
When I look at the GSE, the help function is next to the Util, on the same line as file, edit, etc.

Adelphos
02-24-2009, 10:21 PM
I guess nobody knows what I'm talking about?

You have to have a morphology version selected for the Word Box for the morph control and the corresponding help button to be active.

Soxfan23
02-24-2009, 11:43 PM
Ken,

Not in the main GSE window, I'm talking about once you double-click the word box. A "help" file should be located next to the "morph" box according to the help files and study guides.

Adelphos,

I do have a morphology version selected, and it's still not showing up. Maybe if you had BW8 you would know what I'm talking about ;)

Greg Ward
02-25-2009, 05:20 AM
BW7 Morphology Assistant pictured. This Morphology Assistant was created for use with morphology versions for Command Line entry and, apparently, GSE morphology entry back in previous versions. This was before the days of context popups that appear when you type "@" either on CL or in the mophology box of the GSE Word Box. I think the separate Morphology Assistant dialog has been eliminated in BW8.

The Getting Started/Book Study wording for BW7 and BW8 is the same--a carry over that got missed in editing.:)

Soxfan23
02-25-2009, 04:48 PM
Thanks Greg. I wasn't sure if they forgot to include it or if it was a typo or something. I was mainly curious because the help window seems to be a bit less "intimidating" for some, especially new users, but it's really not that big of a deal.