PDA

View Full Version : Two Apparatus windows

spitzerpl
02-17-2009, 10:53 AM
I'm pretty sure I saw this somewhere but I can't find how to do it. Is there a way to have two Tischendorf's Critical Apparatus windows open? I want to keep one window on the abbreviations page and another on the passage I'm studying.

Better yet, how difficult would it be (and is it kosher) to replace some of the abbreviations with the meanings (e.g. Cum with when). Seems like it should be a simple replace all in Word. then I could have the original (to verify my edited didn't goof something up) and my edited version side by side.

If I were to invest the time into doing this
1) could I get it to show up under the analysis tab?
2) Could I tag my edits so that they come out with a unique formatting?

I don't mind putting the time into this one, I just want to make sure its kosher and not a hopeless endeavor.

Greg Ward
02-17-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw this somewhere but I can't find how to do it. Is there a way to have two Tischendorf's Critical Apparatus windows open? I want to keep one window on the abbreviations page and another on the passage I'm studying.

You could run the HTML file directly from Program Files\BW8\databases. You could make a shortcut on the desktop or perhaps even a link in ERMIE. I think it would run indepently of one called from the BW analysis window.

In regards to doing a global search and replace and then recompiling your own HTML Help version. That is beyond me. All I can do is point you to a starting point: http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3073 Others should be able to guide you.