PDA

View Full Version : Inserting Verses as Hyperlinks

Matt Harmon
02-14-2009, 09:57 AM
In working with the new and improved "copy verse list" options, I would love to have the option for BW to not only copy the list of verses, but make that list of verses hyperlinks. A similar feature is already available in the Notes/Editor where you can select "Insert Current Verse as Link."

Related to this I had two other suggestions on the hyperlinks to verses in the Editor/Notes:

(1) Create a tool that searches through the Editor/Notes to find verse references and convert them to hyperlinks/popups (Didn't you use something similar to make the verse refs in the lexicons show as popup links?). I realize this will not catch everything, but it would be a good start.

(2) Allow users to customize the text that is inserted for the link to other resources. In other words, when I insert a link to the BDF Grammar, all I want to see is BDF not "Blass-Debrunner-Funk, Greek Grammar of the New Testament." The longer reference means I have to change it each time I paste it, since when I transfer the notes to Word for scholarly writing I just want to refer to it as BDF.

IMHO, these improvements would make a great program even greater.

Ben Spackman
02-14-2009, 10:36 AM
This occurred to me as well, and I would love to see it!

When copying in lists of verses, have them automatically linked to whatever the current search version is (or WTT/GNT instead of WTM/GNM morphology versions in the case of Hebrew/Greek.) That takes care of things like Josephus and the Dead Sea Scrolls as well.

Greg Ward
02-14-2009, 12:16 PM
(2) Allow users to customize the text that is inserted for the link to other resources. In other words, when I insert a link to the BDF Grammar, all I want to see is BDF not "Blass-Debrunner-Funk, Greek Grammar of the New Testament." The longer reference means I have to change it each time I paste it, since when I transfer the notes to Word for scholarly writing I just want to refer to it as BDF.

I think you can do this by editing the .chd file. I may be wrong. see http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3538 Of course your change would change its title or desricption in other places too. Also, future BW updates may overwrite your changes.