PDA

View Full Version : Copy Window Update Failing?

mileskor
02-12-2009, 04:59 PM
I've tried to apply the copy window update about eight times now, and it's not working. (It shows up each time I select Tools-> Options-> Updates-> Check for Updates) My copy window is no different than it was with the initial install of BW8. Why isn't it applying the update for me?

Mark Eddy
02-13-2009, 01:10 AM
Maybe it isn't failing.
When you open the BibleWorks Updates window, click on "Options". If "Show Downloaded Patches" is checked, you will continue to see the patches which you have applied. Make sure that it is unchecked. If after you uncheck this option you still see the patch in the Updater, think back to when you updated the patch. Did you receive an error message to the effect that some of the files could not be overwritten? If a user manually changed some files, the updater may not overwrite them, thinking that you really wanted the file the way you made it. If you get that error message, do what the rest of the message says (something about inserting the installation disk and running a repair). Another possibility: did you uncheck the Option "Save Patch File after Applying"?
I hope this gives you some leads.
Mark Eddy

Jim Wert
02-13-2009, 01:10 PM
I've tried to apply the copy window update about eight times now, and it's not working. (It shows up each time I select Tools-> Options-> Updates-> Check for Updates) My copy window is no different than it was with the initial install of BW8. Why isn't it applying the update for me?

Are you sure that you were trying to apply the same updates?
Over the last few days there have been quite a few updates issued, each with a different release id, but all have descriptions that start out saying they fix the copy window.

--Jim

MBushell
02-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Are you sure that you were trying to apply the same updates?
Over the last few days there have been quite a few updates issued, each with a different release id, but all have descriptions that start out saying they fix the copy window.

--Jim
When you look at the update text pay attention to the update number. Each one is different. Also, when a new exe is posted the description is appended to the current description. This helps people know what has changed when we make several updates in a day.
Mike