PDA

View Full Version : Problem with copying Analysis window

Yaku Lee
02-10-2009, 04:27 AM
Hey, what’s going on? All of a sudden, the analysis window Greek and Hebrew cannot be copied to the MS Word correctly, Unicode or not! Of course I applied all the updates to my BW8, and suddenly this strange thing happens.

I played around with the settings of “Tools→Import/export information→Popup Verse Copy Window →Favorites→Configure Copy Favorites…” which also lead to “BW Option Window→Fonts.” And nothing changes.

Please, help, anybody.

Greg Ward
02-10-2009, 10:02 PM
I assume you're meaning a original language word in the Word Analysis window. By copying you mean, highlight, Ctrl-c, switch to MS Word and Ctrl-v paste.

Did all formatting get turned off? Try Tools/Options/Flags/Export Options/Send RTF to Clipboard

Also it would be worth checking: Options/Output Format Options/
Selected Browse Text--check Export Formatting checkbox
Verse List or Range--check all four settings of the first drop box and each favorite for Export Formatting checkbox

I think it would be one of the above.

Yaku Lee
02-11-2009, 01:31 AM
I assume you're meaning a original language word in the Word Analysis window. By copying you mean, highlight, Ctrl-c, switch to MS Word and Ctrl-v paste.

Did all formatting get turned off? Try Tools/Options/Flags/Export Options/Send RTF to Clipboard

Also it would be worth checking: Options/Output Format Options/
Selected Browse Text--check Export Formatting checkbox
Verse List or Range--check all four settings of the first drop box and each favorite for Export Formatting checkbox

I think it would be one of the above.

Thanks Greg for your kind suggestions. In fact I played around with everything on the “BW Options Window” without any success.

I finally got around to a solution, sort of and not wholly satisfactory but workable nonetheless. I highlight something on the Analysis Window, Ctrl+c copy, and Ctrl+v paste it on the MS Word 2007. Then comes the trick. On the MS Word screen, highlight the Greek portion just copied and select Bwgrkn font, then I get the original Greek back. In the case of Hebrew, the same procedure but with Bwhebb font, and I get the original Hebrew back. As indicated by the fonts, I cannot get Palatino Linotype or SBL Hebrew on the MS Word this way, although this whole headache supposedly was about to be able to use Unicode Greek and Hebrew.

What makes me very frustrated is the fact that I already have some material pasted from the Analysis Window in Unicode on my MS Word to manipulate, and now for some unknown reason I suddenly can no longer do it.

I hope, really hope, that the good folks at BW solve this problem for us very soon, or at least make things easy for us to use.

MBushell
02-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Yaku,
I apologize for the problems. Let me repeat what I said in another post. We need a simple step by step description of the procedure that doesn't work as well as your bw800.ini and copyops.dat file. Without that we are just fishing for a solution.
If you are having trouple copying to Word, try copying to the BW Editor or Wordpad. If they work it is usually a problem in WOrd.
Mike