PDA

View Full Version : Copying BW outline to Open Office

almather
02-02-2009, 08:14 AM
BW8 arrived a couple of weeks ago. I have looked at the Study Guides (under Help) and am finding some 'helpful' material here. I'm attempting to do a background study of Titus as outline under 'Preparing a book study'.

On attempting to copy the outline of Titus from the Bible Outline tool, I followed the instructions of just putting the name of the book in the reference box. After a couple of "ok" clicks I pasted to Open Office. The results being a paste of the first line of the outline and that is all.

If I paste to BW editor I get the whole outline, and if I paste to Notpad I get the whole outline in one long string. I don't have Word.

This is not a major problem as I found after pasting to the Editor I can copy the outline to Open Office just fine, but I thought I would mention this.

Al

mileskor
02-02-2009, 12:24 PM
I think there are some definite compatibility issues with OpenOffice. Given the number of people experiencing this, I'm surprised that BW8's beta testers didn't catch these, and that BW8 isn't coded for OO. Oh well. BW is still a great product, even if it means we OO users have to do everything manually.