PDA

View Full Version : Version Lock

spitzerpl
01-31-2009, 12:54 PM
It would be nice to have one version (either the search version or first display version) "locked" at the top of the browse window. sort of like how the freeze panes feature works in Microsoft Excel.

MGVH
01-31-2009, 02:24 PM
You can set up BW so that one version is always at the top.
Use Tools > Options > Bible Versions > Version Order

It is a bit easier if you display all the versions you regularly use before doing the previous step, because then you can click on the "Show Active Only" versions and not mess around with so many.

After you move your versions up/down/top/bottom into the order you want, be sure to Save to File.

What you will discover, however, is that just about every time BW has an update, it 'forgets' the order you have set. So, get to the version order dialogue and then Open the file you previously saved.

Michael Hanel
01-31-2009, 02:35 PM
What you will discover, however, is that just about every time BW has an update, it 'forgets' the order you have set. So, get to the version order dialogue and then Open the file you previously saved.

Any time you install (or BW adds) a new Bible version, the version order list gets reset, meaning you'd have to open the previously saved feature. I don't know if there's a way for them to make it not do this, but once you know why it does do it and you're prepared, it's a little less frustrating.

spitzerpl
01-31-2009, 02:53 PM
You can set up BW so that one version is always at the top.
Use Tools > Options > Bible Versions > Version Order

thats not exactly what I had in mind. I was thinking of having the one at the top locked so that as you scroll down through the browse window it remains visible. I suppose though that is part of the purpose of putting a browse tab in the analysis Pane. You can also just open another browse window. So I suppose it would be pretty redundant.

Mark Eddy
01-31-2009, 03:03 PM
You can also open a secondary browse window and either leave it at the verse in question and scroll through the main browse window, or you could leave the main browse window in place and scroll through the secondary browse window. That way you can see the initial verse and other verses at the same time. When you use different tabs you cannot see the original verse on the other tab. I hope this suggestion is what you are looking for.
Mark Eddy