PDA

View Full Version : Analysis Window, Summary Tab not refreshing

MGVH
01-27-2009, 12:04 AM
Using 8.0.006e.1
This problem has occurred occasionally in the past (including in BW7) where the resources associated with a verse do not refresh when the verse changes.
Past ways of fixing it (hovering over the original language text, moving to next verse and back) do not work.
I am able to get it to refresh if in the Options tab I unselect, then select "Show Topic Links." This does not entirely work, however. The lexicon entries update, but all the ones thereafter starting with the grammar entries do not update.
I do have quite a few user-created resources, but I wouldn't think that having too many would cause problems.
Any suggestions? Thanks.

Glenn Weaver
01-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Hi Mark,

If there is something wrong with a Scripture reference link (such as the SDX and the actual links in the CHM file do not match) or the topic links in the CHD file are not correct (or are counted incorrectly in the CHD), that can cause unusual behavior in the Resource Summary Tab.

For trouble-shooting purposes, I suggest moving the user-created files out of the databases directory, restarting BibleWorks, and seeing if the Resource Summary Tab works properly. If it works then, you can add in one set of user-created resources at a time in order to see which one is the culprit. Then you can begin working on that user-created databases to fix the problem.

Hope that helps.

MGVH
01-31-2009, 12:21 PM
Thanks, Glenn.
I have so much stuff I've added in to my database directory, that I ended up deleting everything, doing a reinstall of the databases from the DVD, and then adding in a few databases at a time until I find out the culprit.

Which leads me to suggest...
It would be nice to keep the "database" directory just for BibleWorks official databases. We have the "userdb" for other modules, but it would help to have another "database" directory for user added or modified files. (Ie, the CLR files, the CHD/CHM/SDX sets, and all the sets of BWW/DBU/DVX/VMC/VMF/WDC files that were installed from user-created databases.

Thanks again.

Dale A. Brueggemann
02-01-2009, 02:59 AM
It would be nice to keep the "database" directory just for BibleWorks official databases.... it would help to have another "database" directory for user added or modified files.

I really like that suggestion.

Adamsen
02-01-2009, 07:30 AM
I really like that suggestion.

Me, too. I have quite often wondered why it was not so. For some time it was possible to let BW look in two directories for its databases (I used that), but I think that option is gone (long time ago!)