PDA

View Full Version : Navigating in the Search Window Results Verse List Box

Jim Wert
01-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Hi Folks,

I've just discovered a way to move from verse to verse in the Search Window Results Verse List Box without having to use the mouse. I find the spin button annoying, what with my aging eyes and deteriorating fine motor skills.

After clicking on a verse in the list box I happened to hit the right arrow button, and focus moved to the next verse, displaying it in both the regular browse window and the Analysis pane browse window. Left arrow moved me up a verse.

When I got to the bottom of the displayed results, right arrow moved me to the next (previously off screen) verse and displayed it in the Browse window, but the Analysis pane Browse got lost.

I could not find any mention of this in the help for the Search Window. Am I announcing the rediscovery of the wheel, or is this a true undocumented feature? It works in both BW7 and BW8 for me.

Shalom,
Jim

MGVH
01-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Thanks, Jim. That's one I had not discovered. (I had been using up/down arrows in the search list and then hitting Enter to change focus.) Using the right/left arrows to cruise through the search results saves a step.
BTW, section 58 of the BW8 Help gives a bunch of shortcut keys, but this one wasn't mentioned.